What Does it Mean When She Says...

I'll just keep this sort and sweet. I went out with a girl and the date went well. I mean at the end of the night we were even discussing having a second date which she seemed into, I mean she was the one that asked me what the following week was like for me in terms of schedule. Anyway, the following day I got a text message from her saying "Had a great time with you last night! Thanks for everything". My question is what does she mean by "thanks for everything". I am not usually a negative person or see every situation as negative but from my point of view it looks like it's a nice way to say "good-bye" or "am not interested". Then again I could be wrong... Are there any ladies out there that's used that line before after seeing a guy and if so what was your intentions when you told a guy that...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 99% chance she was just being polite about the second date. Yes, this phrase means good-bye, almost certainly.

It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, Maybe she just isn't up for any kind of relationship right now, has a guy in another city, or will leave soon...Many possibilities. But you almost certainly won't have another date with her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nope, that's not a good-bye - that's a really good sign for you. She enjoyed everything about the evening. Honestly, if I had fun and want to see a guy again I end up sending something very similar (that's a pretty safe - and therefore standard - post-first date message).

If she really didn't want to see you again, she probably wouldn't have contacted you at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • Interesting how the girls who answered this question and the guys have nearly opposite interpretations. Maybe I should start sending a different text!

• I wouldn't worry she deffiniently interested. Maybe give it a day and ask what she wuld like to do and when would suit her . You could even be more relaxed about it a simply just text "hey how are you ?"

0|0
    0|0
  • actually it depends on that night ... did she was happy and enjoying the time with you ... if yes I think everything should be alright , she might say that because she love everything went that night...

good luck mate

0|0
    0|0
  • She's just saying thanks for the good time

0|0
    0|0
  • no I think she is saying that she likes you and wants to go out again and is just thanking you because she had a good time! she is hoping for you to ask her out again

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay, why is she thanking me... It's not like I did anything super super special...

• she is just trying to be nice...girls get very happy from an enjoyable date.

Recommended myTakes