Women are are repressed today!!!

I can't believe how women are still being repressed and how men have such a problem with it! Today women are not equal and we will never be equal. We lack the abilities needed to be successful and will never get them if we keep being repressed. You never see women doing construction jobs or plumbing or anything like that. Its all men. women need to get out and stop being wimps and change their status.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, let me educate you on logic.

The reason why men dominate things like construction or harh manual labor jobs is because those jobs require a lot of strentgh and have high risk. Reality: Women are not as physically strong as men and are more fragile because of their figure. Putting a woman at the task of using a 150 lb jackhammer or lifting 200 lb steel pipes is extremely dangerous for both her and others.

90% of work related deaths are from men, because me take up these high risk jobs. A man can have hundreds of children (in theory) a woman can only have 1-5. Men are more expendable.

Personally, I think you should be content that women dominate the education and human services fields and have gained much more respect and rights then they had hundreds or even dozens of years ago. Stop trying to make the human race fail.

Also, if you're a feminist (which you sound like) downplaying women as "lacking skills needed to be succesful" and as "whimps" is only helping you go against your own argument.

Good day, madam.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There ARE small numbers of women who do construction, plumbing, electrical, and other "physical" jobs. If building contractors refused to hire women, THAT would be a problem, but that's not why there aren't more women doing these jobs. The reason there aren't more women in the trades is because trade jobs are HARD, PHYSICAL LABOR jobs, and most women don't WANT those jobs, and even some who DO want them simply can't do them.

The facts are that men and women's bodies are built differently, and on average, men have more physical strength, especially upper-body strength, and are built more sturdy and able to withstand these physical trade jobs better than most women. The fact that there ARE some women in these jobs shows that there are certainly a few exceptions to that, and it shows that when a woman is ABLE to do the job, the building contractors are happy to hire her. But don't deceive yourself into believing that most women could do these jobs, or would WANT these jobs, because that's just not the case.

And that's not because of "male repression"; it's because of evolution and genetics, which were based on Natural Selection and the need to reproduce successfully. Men and women are simply NOT the same. That doesn't make one BETTER or WORSE than another, but in general, we have different talents and strengths (and weaknesses) than the other gender, and that's OKAY.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think jobs should be performed by whoever has the necessary skills/work ethic. So, whoever can do the job should be hired. If certain professions are male-dominated simply due to lack of female interest or physical strength, so be it.

However, a lot of women get paid about 77% as much for the same work. Or they experience discrimination or sexual harassment. Not okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can tell you that where I live women are pretty much equal to men and in a lot of cases even priviliged. When I was applying for PhD's a lot of the vacancies said " we especially encourage women to apply". Women make their own money, choose their own life. Basicly a woman can get any man she wants, we just have to hope we get picked. It's okay that you feel passionate about women having equal opportunities and rights, but don't overreact. Repression is not common.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is only one reason why women are repressed.its simple you are just different that's all. how do you expect two different things to be equal. we both have our strength an weakness for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that you've confused equality and sameness.

0|1
    0|0
    • "sameness"

Is that the new chic liberal colloquialism?

• No, "sameness" is neither new, chic, liberal, nor colloquial.

Any other silly questions Mr. Troll?

• Equality goes both ways

0|2
    0|0
  • Wow. Won't stop until you put chains around our necks, eh?

By the way, most women don't want to do those jobs. They want cushy office positions. Are you planning on getting into the construction field. Would you like to be a miner? How about being on the front lines of battlefields? No? I didn't think so.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think most people would like a cushy job if they had the opportunity. Incidentally, construction work, particularly if it is union, pays substantially better than office work.

Also, most people aren't interested in being miners and absolutely no sane person would want to be anywhere near a battlefield.

• We have feministic chicks like QA that not only don't understand the physical differences between the genders, but also demand equality in these positions when she doesn't want to do them herself. She wants other women to do it. She wants to get a job in an office. Then she comes on here and says that women are repressed because of it. I guess I could get into it a little more, but what's the point, right?

• women have become more equal .just not all women like to do pluming etc .lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes