Is it best to ignore your best guy friend to get them to realize how much you mean to them?

My best friend is a guy. We've been best friends for a year and I've really started to have major feelings for him. I want him to realize how much I mean to him, and I feel like ignoring him is the only way I can do that. I don't know if he likes me. My friends think he does but when he starts "talking" to another girl he always ask me if he thinks she is pretty, he likes girls pictures on Facebook and it bothers me really bad when I see that he likes another girls' picture. I pass him everyday in the hall going to 3rd block & I just act like I don't see him and I see him while he's going to football & I'm going to softball. We used to walk together to football and softball but I started walking by myself. It's hard to tell because he is a flirt and talks to all the really pretty girls and stuff. I really just want him to realize how much I mean to him. Is ignoring him gonna help until he textes me? Or should I stop ignoring him? Someone please reply

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• first thing I'd like to say is, don't call him your "best friend" when he isn't someone you can talk to and someone you want more than a friend. Best friends and people you want to date are two COMPLETELY different things.

If all your going to do is play mind games with him, then I think it's best if you and he "mellow" out and start seeing more people. I think he could be tired of your games and wants to see more from his game than just one girl. I'd give it time and let him browse from girl to girl, and you do the same. Give yourselves a break.

Still talk to him though. Waive or say hi every now and then, just to be sure he knows you aren't mad at him for a strange reason.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't do this! Oh this annoys me when girls do this! And I agree it's all mind games that you are doing. Listen if you say he is your friend then that's probably what he thinks. So, if you ignore him he probably either 1. Won't care because he's your friend not your boyfriend. 2. Annoy him because your playing games.

Be the bigger person Be an ADULT. Adults have conversations with people. Tell him you have feelings for him and if he doesn't then you can move on. It's so much faster and easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mind games is NEVER the way to go. It's ridiculous and causes drama and frankly just gets people more irritated. If you really like him, say hi or make an effort to talk to him, the worst thing that can happen is he isn't into you and then hey you stop talking to him all over again, at least then you know you've tried and you're done. But don't take that whole flirt thing as such a bad thing, yes some guys are just like that it doesn't mean he is incapable of anything, give it a shot and don't take his flirting personally... He's not doing it to hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ignore him.

Guys are very straight forward. If you're ignoring him, he'll just assume you're annoyed with him or not into him even as a friend anymore. And that will be the end of it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes