Girls, why do you try to change the way a guy behaves?

ANd get mad at him when he keeps behaving the same way? Is it because you like him and want to make him "perfect" or you just like to boss guys around? What if its only a specific guy and nobody else?
Updates:
Well, I'm not dating this girl and I haven't put on a show. People usually like me, I have confidence (she calls it cockiness), sense of humor (she calls it stupid sillyness) and a drive to get things done and not take crap from people (she calls it jerkiness). She gets mad at me for being who I am and she wants me to change things so she'll talk to me and wants me to be a "better person". Nobody else complains about me (she says they are being nice) and she doesn't complain about anybody else

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well first off I'm 24 so around your age of coarse a women I have lots of guy friends and some women friends and here is what I think...guys like to put on fronts to make themselves look desirable because they think their women won't leave common mistake guys make women don't like to have to fight for you we feel if your with us then you shouldn't be out acting as if your single... another-wards being a jerk we don't like to be called names guys think if they point out things that make us insecure that we will stay another common mistake...and if your with us we feel we can tall you what we feel and don't feel comfortable with and that you should respect that and change it...its all about compermise and honesty...its not that we want to control you or boss you around its that we don't want to lose you and when we get mad its because we just want to be treated like you would on a first date with respect and honesty to fell loved and desired, we feel like it shouldn't be a constant challenge to be with and if you'll give in or compermise for us it shows us you care...sometimes its a test to see sometimes its us knowing what we want and one thing I can't stress enough is we don't feel like we should have to constantly fight for you or over you...if there's a specific example you can give me I can prob answer you better then to just guess at what really asking about

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This is why I only date guys I get along with and respect me and I respect them. Nothing to change. I can't explain why these girls would even date a guy that they felt is not behaving they way they want. It is only going to lead to a bad relationship.

People only change if they want to and no one else can change them.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol that is a good question. personally I just don't date men unless they are what I consider to be good guys. so he has to meet my standards b4 he even says hi lol

but I think girls do that to make a guy perfect. but I dnt think you can turn a jerk into a husband.

0|0
    0|0
    • She is the only person who thinks I'm a jerk! I have never disagreed or argued with anybody the way I do with her, she is impossible :/

• i think maybe girls have low standards and dnt know how to uphold good 1s

• I stole this from an unknown source and is very funny:

A woman marries a man assuming she can change him; a man marries a woman assuming she will not change, but does anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but when you are with her you should let your gaurd down a little, because she suppose to be your ur safe house and although she might like you for all your special qualities, regarding your busniess and how you deal with everyone else, maybe she don't wanna feel like everyone else, maybe she although she respects your personality, you ever thought that maybe she want something a bit more in depth, not to be treated like everbody else...so when you go home or when you see her again be yourself, but with her be your loving self be your sweet self, be your sensitive self, say something nice about her, say something beautiful about your realtionship work on yaull...leave your business mindes ways with your work & your sarcastic sense of humor with your friends...just for a little while, and if she still try to change you get out of there!.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women don't like to ever admit this, but they love a project. They don't want a perfect man, because that's boring. It gives them nothing to do and nothing to talk to their girlfriends about.

They want a guy who is almost perfect, but still has flaws so that they can work on him to improve him.

Once you know this, allow her to make changes (small incremental changes) while letting new things slide. If she repairs some "faults" create new ones.

Outwardly she will express annoyance and frustration at this. But you'll have her hooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • cause guys act right in the beginning and than out of nowhere they start doing silly sh*t and leave women to figure out what's going on so you ask, comment and remind them of things they said or how they were in the beginning not to change them but to figure out why they changed and amazingly guys always act like they don't know wth your talking about I'm convinced it's a game you all play

0|0
    0|0
    • they dnt ALL play...but I also agree with her. this is also true but not ALL men

Recommended myTakes