Guys are never honest with their feelings?

I live away from home and don't know if I can come home from Christmas. I asked this guy who likes me, "If I didn't come home would you be upset?" and he said "I'd be upset if you did something that wasn't right for you" Ugh! What does that mean? I just want him to tell me how he feels because I want to see him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are honest with their feelings. It's just that girls never listen to the words coming out of their mouths, and refuse to beleive what they are hearing.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He just wants you to do what you want to do and that won't hurt you. Your question is really way off track. Guys are honest about their feelings, but not 100%, same with girls.

0|2
    0|0
  • Men and women do this. Part of the reason is to protect themselves from getting hurt. Also he really doesn't want to force you to come down for Christmas if it isn't within your means or you don't really want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's being honest, he's just going around the idea that he probably likes you. He just wants you to be happy no matter what you do, isn't that what most people want of people (at least the selfless people do)

0|1
    0|0
  • Here's the deal. Guys get shot in the foot pretty often for showing their feelings instead of maintaining that "cool dude" poker face, so they tend to get a thick skin and just keep stuff bottled up. It saves then the heartbreak of spilling the beans only to have the beans burnt in a pan by a disrespectful person. It's also possibly one of the reasons men don't live as long as those chatty women who drive us all bonkers with their he-said-she-said accounts. (Sigh.)

He's trying to be fair TO YOU. It's his way of saying I CARE FOR YOU without coming across as a cheesy character from the zillion romantic melodramas guys cower away from unless their promised easy access to the girl they're accompanying.

If you WANT to see him, send him a ticket to wherever you are OR go home. Don't play the "what if" game or you're "what if" yourself out of a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • IMHO, it means he prefers to know you happy rather than fulfilling social 'obligations'.

Just a question of respecting your freedom.

0|1
    0|0
  • You realize you tried to get him to share feelings without sharing yours, right?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes