Why girl with a boyfriend played me?

This girl in my group in class I like. She always sits next to me and is always laughing at my jokes. When she emails me stuff for class she puts "!" after my name and only mine when addressing our group. After she missed 2 classes I emailed her and asked her not to miss anymore because the class is so much better when she is there, so she was there today siting by me and laughing at my jokes. I catch her looking at me all the time too. Well I just found out through Facebook she has a boyfriend. I'm pretty hurt, I was developing a big crush on her. Why didn't she just tell me she had a boyfriend? And what should I do now, just ignore her?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• She didn't know you were taking the interaction that seriously. She sounds just like a friendly person

1|1
    0|0
    • Well I hope so because if she doesn't realize how I felt about her I saved myself some embarrassment. In my gut I got a vibe that she liked me but I guess I'm just cocky and arrogant.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like she might just be a flirt or looking for attention that she might not be getting from him. I am sorry she hurt you. I know that feeling.

You could ask her why she flirted so often with you if she had a boyfriend and see what her answer is and go from there. But if you feel hurt - I think you need to confront this instead of letting it keep hurting you...

0|1
    0|0
  • This has happened to me before so I told her how I felt and to do with that info as she sees fit and she did after about 3 days she left her boyfriend and went out with me. it may not be that way for you but it could it's your choice

0|0
    0|0
    • What exactly gave you the courage to do that?

• Well I spent awhile liking her and it just wasn't going to do anything if I didn't tell her how I feel. so one day I was talking to her and I asked if we could talk in private we did and I told her how I felt And she ended up going out with me

• she's a flirt and that's how she probably interacts with most guys who will give her the attention she craves.. I see girls do this all the time. they pick some guy and in that class he's her bestest friend ever and he's thinking 'wow she's really into me I kinda like her' and then if he makes a move she's like "awww so and so but we're best frrriiieeennddss I don't feel that way about you! meet me after class we'll have lunch k?!" annoying isn't it? :\

0|0
    0|0
    • That is annoying. Why do girls do that sh*t?

• I don't know to be honest with you. I really didn't notice it a lot in high school none of my friends really did that , but my daughter has a friend who does it all the time(she's actually no longer friends with her in relation to this behavior) I guess they think they're cute and its harmless but for the guy it's really not harmless it makes him kinda jaded toward girls. She's a player I guess in guy terms. That's what they do to girls. work to get their attention and then walk away.

• She probably didn't feel it was necessary to have to tell you. She prob just thinks you guys are friends and doesn't feel like you are advancing onto her, therefore she doesn't have to drop the awkward "I have a boyfriend" line, unless you ask. I wouldn't just ignore her, just be her friend. You'll set your sites on a new girl and not be so hurt while maintaining a good friendship with this one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes