Mostly parents answer, but anyone can: What would you do if your daughter..

wanted to visit her long distance boyfriend of 5 years? She is 18, very responsible, mature, has your trust. You couldn't have asked for a better daughter. But the thing is, she wants to drive there by herself (about 900 miles) and is going to stay in a hotel. They Haven't seen each other for years, and you approve of the guy. You know he is a good guy and you communicate with him every now and then. What would your reaction be?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• NO. I wouldn't let my daughter be on an interstate traveling 900 miles from home unless she was carrying a gun, and was very good at using it. As far as the guy goes...you've done all you can really do as a parent. She will either choose to make good or bad decisions with this guy whether he was 9 miles or 900 miles away. I would recommend her flying.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do you think it's a good plan? Of course not, you know it's not. You're probably letting the idea grow on you because you want to believe that it's a good plan. But it's not. Of course you miss this guy but it's way too big of a hassle for you to travel such a distance. Why should it be you whom must go, why isn't he willing to come to you huh? I'm not saying he's not worth it. But realize that you're the one willing to make that sacrifice and maybe it's too much to ask for. If he's so important to you, I'd suggest paying for a plane ticket instead. Yes, more expensive, but your parents might be more inclined to let you go under those circumstances. And if you're so eager to see each other, maybe that guy will accept to split the expenses. If not, then you'll know that it wasn't worth compromising yourself so much after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.he could visit her under our supervision, that'd be the only way that would happen.

0|0
    0|0
    • what if, he wasn't able to due to his parents. He doesn't have a great home life unfortunetly

• If you approve of him and trust your daughter, I think it's a great idea, a great way to see if she is ready for the outside world.

0|0
    0|0
    • i'm just worried about all the hanky panky that could go on

• If that's what you worry about, then lay it down hard and tell her that you will have none of that going on...

• HELL NO> He can either visit, or she can wait a few years if she wants to drive herself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes