Should I tell him my expectations?

should I tell my boyfriend of 5 months what I expect from him as a boyfriend? he treats me very well, but there are some things I feel like a boyfriend should do that he doesn't do. would it be better to bring them up with him, let him figure it out by my moods when he does occasionally do them, or should I end it because of this? I really love him and don't want to break it off, but I feel like some of this stuff is stuff he should want to do, I don't want him to do it because I tell him he should. even though he should. I'll list the stuff for the sake of the question:

1. proving to me he's financially capable of taking care of me. I don't want him to spend all his money on me, but if he bought me a soda now and a again, then that would be nice. not really cause I want things from him, just so I know he will be financially stable for me

2. to spend time with me even if I'm sad. a lot of the time he doesn't try to figure out what's wrong with me, but acts like I'm a ticking time bomb. he usually leaves so I can work on my emotions alone, when I want him to help me through it.

3. letting me wear his jacket when I'm cold, or letting me wear a class ring or something of his that shows other people that I belong to him

thats it. those are the main three things. thanks guys :)

13

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) Two candy bars and a coke don't show financial stability, it just looks like you want him to treat you occasionally.

2) You gotta tell him that you want to be listened to, even if he isn't actively trying to solve your problem.

3) The jacket thing is common sense, just be like "I'm cold" and he'll give it to you.

Don't list them as expectations, instead carefully weave into your everyday life.