College, making the decision to go to a 4yr or 2yr?

I'm conflicted with choosing to go either to a community college and then transfer or go straight to a university.

Its cheaper to go to community college but not all the classes I want are available at my local community colleges and I might not get accepted to the 4yr college I want.

I'm pretty sure I'll get accepted with my high school grades but my parents say its too expensive for me to move and that I should stay home and commute.

I know id save them thousands by commuting to community college or maybe a state college but I honestly don't want to live in the area where I am anymore.I want to go some place new.

..any advice like should I go to cc and hope I get to the college I want or take a chance even though my parents will only support me financially if I stay home and commute.What did you do after high school?
Well I didn't do so well as I wanted so I'm going to community college since id rather not take remedial classes.Thanks everyone for your advice!
Well I didn't get accepted to my top choices for universities so not every school rejected me but I start cc in 2 weeks! :D

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Go to community college. Get your pre-reqs out of the way and then transfer. And you've been living in that area for I'm assuming 18 years, you can stand two more. Plus I know a bunch of people that went away for four-year schools and one month into the first semester they're already planning on transferring closer to home. Suck it up for two years and you won't regret it. I'm in community college right now and I love it. Granted, my college is in the second richest county in the country, so it has a lot of cool stuff, but it still isn't a four-year. It may suck now, but you won't regret it later. And as that girl said, community college lets you feel out your interests so that when you do transfer, you're spending your money on classes that you know will help you get your degree.

• Yes I've lived in the same place my whole life and maybe I can stomach another 3 years but I don't think my community colleges are that great. There's 4 campuses in a system/district together but some don't have a field so I don't know if they have clubs,sports,a band,theather ect.

• But can you still do a minor or double majors?

• Yeah, for your associates degree. I'm majoring in International Studies