Any thoughts on writing in a vote?

You don't have to pick one of the 2 main candidates (In the United States anyway). You have the option to write in another person for a vote... but would it be any better than not voting?
I am talking about a scenario where other people have this same idea, but don't because they feel the majority will just pick from the 2 choices. Could it be possible for a write in to win an election?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it if you want to. The same arguments people may make against doing it, are the same reasons that can be turned around and used as a reason in favor of doing it. Writing a name in may be a "wasted vote" because it would change anything, then doing it is no big deal to anyone but yourself...since its "no big deal". It's all about voting your conscience. So if a candidate you really like is not on the ballot in your state, then do your candidate a favor an write him/her in for yourself. It's your vote, so you get to do whatever you want with it