Obama vs romney? who will you vote for?

Obama or Romney? who will you be voting for? and why?
also, state where you are from

56

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not an American, but if I were, I would vote gary johnson. I really have fundamental problems with Obama and Romney. My qualms with Obama are mostly on the economy, and my issues with Romney are on foreign policy

The problem I have with Obama is that he seems to want to bailout every thing in sight. "Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without hell." When there is no atonement for making mistakes in buisness, there is no incentive to tame yourself. This has been a huge issue with the American banking system, because at the moment Obama enables them by labeling them as "too big to fail". The media here is painting the austerity going on Europe as if the Germans are purposefully trying to rip countries like Greece to shreds. The truth is, Merkel is actually doing the right thing, even though its not politically popular. It may be going a bit too fast down there, but austerity is the cure for the years of too much easy credit. You have to cut back spending, and take a little pain. America got drunk on stimulus, and instead of removing the punch bowl, the Federal Reserve (under Obama's right hand man Bernanke) continued to liquor up the country. Today, America stays afloat due to a stimulus-induced high. It's like an alcoholic avoiding to go to rehab. Of coarse no addict wants to go through that, but they almost always come out the other end better than ever.

The hard truth is that America can't afford Obama's spending, or Romney's proposed spending. It's easy right now to write-off these massive debts saying "oh ho ho, this is AMERICA! Treasury yields are the lowest they've been in decades, the American Dollar is rallying, and America is not Greece! The truth is that the debt crisis in the EU is so large atm, its acting as a shield from the free market which would otherwise be beating American borrowing costs with a whip right now. America looks like its doing well because European capital is fleeing from a dying system to the US, not as an endorsement of US fiscal policy by any means, but more as a pavlovian snap to perceived safety, or a knee-jerk reaction. My main fear right now is that American politicians, not understanding this, will become overconfident and spend even more.