Obama vs romney? who will you vote for?

Obama or Romney? who will you be voting for? and why?
Updates:
also, state where you are from

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not an American, but if I were, I would vote gary johnson. I really have fundamental problems with Obama and Romney. My qualms with Obama are mostly on the economy, and my issues with Romney are on foreign policy

The problem I have with Obama is that he seems to want to bailout every thing in sight. "Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without hell." When there is no atonement for making mistakes in buisness, there is no incentive to tame yourself. This has been a huge issue with the American banking system, because at the moment Obama enables them by labeling them as "too big to fail". The media here is painting the austerity going on Europe as if the Germans are purposefully trying to rip countries like Greece to shreds. The truth is, Merkel is actually doing the right thing, even though its not politically popular. It may be going a bit too fast down there, but austerity is the cure for the years of too much easy credit. You have to cut back spending, and take a little pain. America got drunk on stimulus, and instead of removing the punch bowl, the Federal Reserve (under Obama's right hand man Bernanke) continued to liquor up the country. Today, America stays afloat due to a stimulus-induced high. It's like an alcoholic avoiding to go to rehab. Of coarse no addict wants to go through that, but they almost always come out the other end better than ever.

The hard truth is that America can't afford Obama's spending, or Romney's proposed spending. It's easy right now to write-off these massive debts saying "oh ho ho, this is AMERICA! Treasury yields are the lowest they've been in decades, the American Dollar is rallying, and America is not Greece! The truth is that the debt crisis in the EU is so large atm, its acting as a shield from the free market which would otherwise be beating American borrowing costs with a whip right now. America looks like its doing well because European capital is fleeing from a dying system to the US, not as an endorsement of US fiscal policy by any means, but more as a pavlovian snap to perceived safety, or a knee-jerk reaction. My main fear right now is that American politicians, not understanding this, will become overconfident and spend even more.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Gary Johnson is also on the ballot in all 50 states, PRESSTITUTE.

Way to perpetuate the false dichotomy that has destroyed American politics.

0|2
    0|1
  • I'm voting for Romney because we need the conservative agenda in office right now to get the economy back on track. The democrats will still have the senate and it should be a better balance of power. If you didn't watch the debate tonight, in his closing statement Romney said he is willing to work with "good Democrats and good Republicans" and this is what I want from the next president. He did it in Massachusetts and I believe he will do it in office - at least more than the current President is.

Though you should come to your own conclusions, these are mine based off of what I've seen the past four debates.

I'm from Colorado.

0|3
    0|0
  • Obama is a nice and likable guy, a very effective speaker, and is very effective in appealing to youth, women and minorities, which is why he is electable. He also has the support of the mainstream media. He doesn't have a clue how to run the most powerful nation in the world.

Romney is stiff and not very likable, but is an extremely experienced and effective leader.

Based on the above, if I were young and/or naive I would vote for Obama. If my primary concern is the economy, strength and future of our country, Romney is the only choice.

Their is no substitute for experience and wisdom. Unfortunately, they are not requirements to vote, so Obama will likely get reelected.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't be so hard on yourself, JohNfromKolob. You'll figure it out in time. You're young and naive (although you don't realize it yet) and it's understandable that you would be impressed by someone who tells you what you want to hear. It's like candy, and you eat it up. As you spend some time in the world as an adult, you'll begin to accumulate some wisdom. Then you'll start to "get it". Until then...try to refrain from referring to yourself as "dumb". People will begin to believe it.

• Gary Johnson. Erm...I mean neither, because I'm voting for Gary Johnson! I'm from Texas.

0|0
    0|0
  • George Washington

1|2
    0|0
  • Obama

0|0
    0|1
  • Romney

0|0
    0|0
  • Obama

0|0
    0|0
  • Both have acknowledged a lie as the truth. Bib Laden has been dead since December 2001 and they both know it. Notice the date of this Fox News article? link

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes