Whats the point of always getting drunk?

so I realize I probably sound really boring saying this but come on what is the point of getting drunk every chance you get?

I'm still in college and like to go out and have fun but over the last year I have just found myself getting a bit irritated with the people around me who have a deep need to be drunk all the time. I am getting older I just turned 24 and have not been to interested in drinking. I don't mind having a few but just the whole binge drinking thing is just not what I call fun.

I certainly had my time were I would drink to get drunk but nothing good ever came of it. its seems more fun to me to be around people and get to know them and to be involved in sports or activities you think is fun.

also when it comes to ladies the whole getting drunk and hooking up thing was a cool thought but you usually are clumsy and don't remember having sex. its a lot better when your sober I think.

so why do most of us do this?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting drunk is fun, because alcohol lowers inhibitions and relaxes the body.

When you're in a social scene where a lot of people are drinking, the atmosphere is more loose and fun, because people are more carefree and less worried how they're perceived by others.

----

I will say...that getting drunk to the point of being sick is no fun. But like you said, drinking until you feel a good buzz, and are relaxed, but not necessarily stumbling around, is the ideal way to drink.

----

I will admit, I do LOVE being drunk, but it's not good for the body and mind to do that all the time, so I may moderately-heavily drink a few times a year at most. 8-)