Whats the point of always getting drunk?

so I realize I probably sound really boring saying this but come on what is the point of getting drunk every chance you get?

I'm still in college and like to go out and have fun but over the last year I have just found myself getting a bit irritated with the people around me who have a deep need to be drunk all the time. I am getting older I just turned 24 and have not been to interested in drinking. I don't mind having a few but just the whole binge drinking thing is just not what I call fun.

I certainly had my time were I would drink to get drunk but nothing good ever came of it. its seems more fun to me to be around people and get to know them and to be involved in sports or activities you think is fun.

also when it comes to ladies the whole getting drunk and hooking up thing was a cool thought but you usually are clumsy and don't remember having sex. its a lot better when your sober I think.

so why do most of us do this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting drunk is fun, because alcohol lowers inhibitions and relaxes the body.

When you're in a social scene where a lot of people are drinking, the atmosphere is more loose and fun, because people are more carefree and less worried how they're perceived by others.

----

I will say...that getting drunk to the point of being sick is no fun. But like you said, drinking until you feel a good buzz, and are relaxed, but not necessarily stumbling around, is the ideal way to drink.

----

I will admit, I do LOVE being drunk, but it's not good for the body and mind to do that all the time, so I may moderately-heavily drink a few times a year at most. 8-)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Alcohol and Drugs are overused by people who don't get any more excitement from life and need an external stimulus to make things seem fun. All they are basically doing is burning their body out for the laters years in life. The sadder part is that people who do this believe that people who DON'T drink are boring.

Truly exciting lives don't need OVERUSE of Alcohol to create an illusion of having fun.

0|1
    0|0
    • I couldn't agree more with you

• Mind altering. And it's entertaining when there's nothing else to do around campus.

It also makes you happy when you've been feeling sh*tty - one of the reasons there are so many alcoholics.

0|1
    0|0
  • WOW. Marry me?

Lol I believe the exact same thing. But whenever we voice our opinions about it, all the drinkers put us down and consider us to be "lame" or "no fun." I completely disagree, why should the only way they have fun is to constantly run away from the conscious state of mind? I think that says something...

But yes, it's so sad that people believe this is what is "fun" these days...

0|0
    0|0
    • how bout a kiss first lol. I do know exactly what you mean about the drinkers will put you down if you say what you really think. I think a lot of these people are just really lonely and don't know what else to do so they run away. thanks for your comment I didn't expect anyone to agree with me lol

• I drink maybe 3-5 times a year and it's never binge drinking or to the point where I want to puke. every time I hear stories of someone getting so drunk they can't remember coming home and are occasionally beat up from crawling through sh*t on the way home, makes me sick to think they think it's fun or the slightest bit interesting.

sounds more like they had a rough night and they are an idiot for drinking so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • its a phase and a rush for most people its their theory of fun, I have never been one to drink alot, maybe a 6 pack of wine coolers in 2 months. I don't like to drink a lot so I guess I can't explain what other people do and yes sober sex sounds better than sex I wouldn't remember

0|0
    0|0
    • yea I guess your right. kind of a rite of passage thing. I don't drink that much either when I do I like it to be a social thing. yea that was like the main concern for me. why have sex if your not even gonna feel it or remember it.

• and when I do drink like socially twice a year it doesn't make me happy like the girl said above, it doesn't alter my mood at all

• i wish I knew. I dnt smoke or drink and I dnt get why pple do it. its a complete turn off for me

1|1
    0|1
    • I don't drink that often and I don't smoke at all but most my friends do so it kind of makes me the outcast but I do agree with you its a bit of a turn off

• me and boyfriend looking for possible roommates and its hard caus I dnt want any1 who smokes or drinks lol, guess you can tell I'm not the party type lol my boyfriend is also the outcast among his friends also

• It's a big part of our social culture advertised heavily to males I notice mostly through sports commercials. People are taught its how your supposed to have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some people, it's an escape. For others, it's just their idea of fun. All of it varies on the individual.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't get it either I don't drink it doesn't do me good, and I think people look retarded when they think its cool to be drunk, to me is depressing...shows the person has no confidence and need that to feel cooler

0|0
    0|0
  • i do it but in moderation. I know my limits and I rarely pass them.

i go to a party at 930 and I come home at 11:30. I don't stay there till 3:30 in the morning pissing on the wall.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loosen up..

Feel different

numb the pain..

0|1
    0|0
    • yea I guess so just seems like there should be other ways to feel better

• I'd feel better if you gave me $1000000 tonight.. but I imagine I'll be cuddling up with my bottle of Crown again tonight...

• lol I see. just cuddle up with me instead because I don't have a million dollars

Recommended myTakes