Girls, what kinds of gifts do you like to be given?

What are gifts that girls like to be given on their special days, anniversaries, birthdays, etc?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I hate getting gifts, but I here are some of the things my past boyfriend(s) have given me which I actually really enjoyed:

One was he drove me to a nearby town and we had dinner there and played laser tag and just had a great night. I love just spending quality time with someone other getting a material item.

Another was a long handwritten letter that just told me how much he's enjoyed the past year with me, and he brought up all our old memories and it made me tear up cause it was so sweet (:

And one of the most creative I've ever had was one guy made me a special dessert, but like he made up the recipe himself, and no one has ever made it before. I'm really picky about sweets, and there are very few desserts I actually like, but I love Sweetie cookies and small cheesecake bites. So he mixed up the two and made me like these Sweetie Bites and they were the best!

Lastly, no guy has ever done this to me, but I did this for my best friend and he loved it more than anything, and I think any girl would love it if a guy did this for them:

That's to write a song for them! It doesn't even have to be great, something a little cheesy with cute dumb lyrics(:

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm a flowers girl so I enjoy getting flowers, but stuffed animals. Something you pick out because you thought of me when you saw it. I'm a simple girl. For me I don't wear jewelry so something small that makes the girl go awww is what you want the most.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as its meaningful I'll love it. Anything that would remind me of an inside joke, a good day we had, or is something I always talked about liking/wanting to do are great gifts. A personalized gift, even as simple as flowers in my favorite color or a small framed picture from something we did together, are more meaningful than a piece of jewelry that holds no significance other than being from you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Victoria's Secret/La Senza gift card or a gift set

Make up set

A nice dress

Pair of nice heels/flats/boots

Pajamas :)

Purse/wallet

Tickets to the Philippines <3

Flowers

My favorite Perfume - Clinique Happy

or if you don't know what to give a girl, just get her a gift card from Sears! :D

1|0
    0|0
    • I disagree. Don't ever give a girl a giftcard to sears, if my boyfriend did that I would appreciate the gesture but I would never use it... sears is a sad excuse for a department store. there is a reason why it's going out of business. stick to flowers, if you're going to give a giftcard I would suggest a store a little bit more classy, especially since it's a gift.

• Great perfume!

• lol the Sears card was a sarcastic comment girl. relax! :P but hey don't underestimate Sears, they have nice stuff too. just keep looking.

• For some reason, I've always wanted a guy to get me a necklace with a small red pendant on it. Nothing fancy or really expensive, just something simple, small and pretty to show he knows what I like.

But as a general rule, I like anything wearable. So when people say, "I like your (hat, necklace, scarf, earrings, jacket, etc.)" I can say, "Thanks, my boyfriend got it for me," and I can be a show off and he can look like a good guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's for a speical occasion, I really like things that have a lot of thought in it. I love, love, love Broadway, my mom is taking me to San Fransico to see Wicked for my birthday. For my dad's birthday a few years ago, I made him a 'cancer eating unicorn' because he has leukemia cancer.

Just put lots of thought, a flower is nice on the side, but remember. Flowers die. A thoughtful gift will stay with her forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather want to have someone make something for me. I thinks it's more meaningful. Like someone put effort and care into something that they made for you. Buying gifts from stores and all is OK, but I like things that a person put care and effort into.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really think a card with a nice long message goes a long way. That's probably the thing I appreciate the most. I really like flowers, roses and jewellery but nothing super expensive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha, oh wow, that reminds me when I gave my ex a card where I wrote a nice poem about her and my feelings for her.

She really loved it though, so even the most simple things works as a gift I suppose :)

• Very, and I know a lot of girls like me who really appreciate it although some people seem to think we wouldn't.

• For an anniversary I'd reccomend something personal, and something you'd need to put a lot if time and thought into. But if it's just Christmas or whatever then perfume, jewelry, or just anything she's been wanting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something related to a memory we have in common. I'm going to buy a key ring in a shape of a Basket ball to my boyfriend because he is the one who taught me how to play & we play together a lot ! (It's not a birthday gift, I'm not that stingy ^^)

0|0
    0|0
  • Stylish silver accessories or cute stuffed toys for me.Haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gifts that don't suck.

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing material, a nice date is much better. or maybe something material that we can use to bond, like a fishing pole(I want to go fishing) or a surfboard, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idk about other girls but a scuf controller for Ps3 would make me happy. But anything gaming related, really lol

0|0
    0|0
  • fancy thing and not vulnerable... regardless the price. I wouldn't mind if my guy gave me a cheap gift as long as its not a stolen thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gifts from the heart and well thought out ones

0|0
    0|0
  • Jewelry, perfume, chocolates, flowers.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes