What do you do to get your creative juices flowing?

For those creative types out there: writers, musicians, painters, video makers, etc. What helps you focus yourself on creating your works? Do you have a routine? Is there somewhere in particular you like to go? I'm especially interested in any fiction writers' points of view since that's mostly what I like to dabble in.

74

Most Helpful Guy

• I smoke lots of weed

• lol good answer! I don't know where you stand on psychedelics, but acid makes me feel insanely creative!

• Never done any other drug other than weed. But I'm dead serious about my answer. I'm a musician and music producer and the best ideas always come when I'm high. My brain just sits on another level. I even notice this outside of music. My words become more creative when I speak or write, I come up with funnier jokes, unique ideas, better fashion ensembles. It's like my brain becomes more powerful and open.