Have you ever found religious people are boring?

If you go and ask someone who is religious, they would explain how God is the mighty one and you must follow his footsteps, not to break rules, and do exactly what he says you to do. It just seems they never take risks by going out into the world occasionally doing crazy sh*t. In other words, sheltered. Life shouldn't be focusing on one thing, but instead it should be towards everything. What's wrong with diversity?
  • Yes I do.
    Vote A
  • Most are.
    Vote B
  • I'm offended.
    Vote C
  • Most aren't.
    Vote D
  • No I don't.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I met some interesting religious people, but most are beyond boring.

Seems like they are planning on living AFTER this life.

0|6
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I fail to see why religion is going to make you boring. I know some pretty awesome people who are very religious and who have wonderful, exciting lives despite not doing "crazy sh*t". It all comes down to the individual and religion has nothing to do with that. Just a heads up, not all religious people just follow their faith blindly. It's a misconception so many people have. I'm Christian but I can assure you I actually think about why I follow stuff and what the reasons are behind it. I don't just follow it merely because it's written in the Bible. I take risks too but I don't do stuff that's irresponsible, not because I'm scared of God or disobeying Him, it's because I can logically think of the consequences and understand that the outcomes of it will be bad. It's not rocket science to understand that some stuff are just pure bad for you. I don't live my life focused on one thing and I embrace diversity. Don't see where religion (or at least mine) abandons the idea of embracing diversity either.

1|5
    0|0
  • Religion has nothing to do with the ability to hold an interesting conversation. It's the topic of religion that is boring in the first place. I prefer not to talk about religion in-depth since no one will ever change my mind and I don't plan on changing their's. There's nothing wrong with diversity, in my opinion. The problem is that people who share my opinion are a VERY small minority.

0|4
    0|0
  • I'm an atheist and I've lived a pretty sheltered life without risks or craziness. I would agree that I generally don't hang out with super conservative religious folks because they usually have a problem with me but most of my friends and extended family are religious and I love them just the same. Some are boring and some less so.

1|3
    0|1
  • What's wrong with letting people live their life there way. What if they are happy and love every second of their day. Many religious people can live very exciting lives. Maybe they travel the world, maybe they go camping, play sports, maybe they love ski diving or any other such activity. There is no law saying you have to live a certain way to be happy.

1|4
    0|0
  • I'm religious so no I don't find religious people boring. A lot of the religious people I know are very selfless people which shows a lot. There is ways to have fun without doing crazy stuff and seeing the world. The religious people I know are just such good people and there selfless attitudes inspire me. Now there are different forms of religious people, extremist, relaxed, balanced, strict. Just to throw that out there, all believe the same thing, just see it in different way's.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, I don't. I find even that attitude you discussed, which is so far removed from my own, is incredibly interesting (more so if the person actually lives by it, rather than just saying it).

Whether or not I agree with a religion or religious attitude doesn't reflect on whether or not I find it interesting. Opinions different to my own are always interesting to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think atheism is much more boring. I mean you're born you do some stuff you die. End of story.

As a Christain I understand that this isn't the end. So I don't have to squeeze out every drop of pleasure before I bite the dust. Instead. I can relax. Play some video games. Go on vacation. Don't sweat nothing.

Frankly the most boring religion has to be Buddhism. Even more so than atheism. I mean. c'mon.

I want to do stuff. Not think about doing stuff.

1|1
    0|2
    • I'm an atheist so I don't believe in any afterlives or any of the over 2780 Gods people have believed in since the dawn of human civilization and I can relax and play video games too, broski. In fact I find it equally liberating that I understand that this is the only life we live because I can do everything I want now whether it's for fun or personal achievements. It's just a different perspective over something nobody can know for sure.

• Show All
    • No I'm not I'm focused on living this life which is the only one we know we have and I feel damn good about it :)

Which belief system would you want me to follow on the off chance that it's correct? There have been hundreds out there. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong.

• I just can't imagine being an atheist and being anything more than either

1) a serial killer 2) a gibbering wreck.

• If you ask me, Godless secular know-it-all athiest people are the most boring.

Forgive them for they know not what they do.

0|2
    1|0
    • and those religious people who think all the answers come from a God and their respective holy book don't act like they know it all? Stop stereotyping.. you're just as bad as the QA.

• Show All
    • . The people they are and most the world worship small demon creatures and make shrines of little demon-monkeys and weird dieties, and then they wonder why their countrys are so messed up, it's because they are into all that vuudoo. I saw it in "Little Haiti" north miami . They tear that place up. allah is not a real god so none of them are saved. But usually wherever a there is community with real God[Jesus] it is good and peace. Everywhere else is problems and I'm sure its hard to argue that.

• Well there have been many times Jesus has been used as an excuse to do horrible things just like every belief system out there. In modern times it is used as a way to teach misinformation in science class (creationism) and to stop the rights of certain groups who want to get married. It's also slowed down and protested scientific progress since the beginning. There are flaws with every system out there.

• I doubt many religious people are that sheltered, there are loads who engage in pre-marital sex

and you're forgetting that most people are religious so those outgoing people would outnumber the non-religious

0|1
    1|0
  • i said no because I haven't met any, maybe older religious people.

my bff is middle eastern Muslim and complains that her religious friends are boring, and points out how everything if wrong and if they married just sit and talk about their hubbies.

so maybe it depends on how religious you are and how much freedom you were allowed to have

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. Some religious people are boring. But I'm an atheist and I'm still pretty boring.

1|4
    0|0
  • Being a boring person can have many different reasons. Following strict rules and therefor leave out a lot of stuff you would enjoy, that can be one reason. But not all religious people are like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes we are borgin, if you percieve fun as in enaging in worldly acts like forniciation, gambling, adultury , and p*rn, we are hella boring, just because we have limited perpectives. Leave us alone and respect us.

0|1
    1|3
  • Well, diversity isn't exactly praised in most religions. It is frowned upon in order to keep people doing the same things and almost be the same as each other. It's very uniform and sheltered and yes, boring.

I personally think that a lot of religious people are boring but that isn't to say that all of them are. Some do take risks and in my eyes are very "normal". If they're religious to the T then boring is their middle name, and by that I mean they follow all the rules put in place and don't question them for their own true beliefs.

Also, I think it makes sense that religion is generally boring because those who invented it years ago didn't have the technology to do as many other things in life. Almost everything was based around their beliefs in God and the world and because of this they never had big ideas about their lives outside of their faith.

0|1
    1|0
  • yes because all they can talk about if freaken church and crap and it gets super annyoying!..personally I could really give a crap about religion.

0|1
    2|1
  • I understand your view but I can assure you that as a religious person I'm not "sheltered" in the way you describe it. I go out and do active things, hiking, hunting, fishing, wake boarding, the list goes on. I certainly don't think of it as boring.

But then again people aren't interested in everything that I am interested in. I would like to go skydiving and big game hunting and travel the world. I would think most people would agree that those aren't boring. If you are talking about partying and being wild and such then here is a good picture that gets my point across very well.

link

1|0
    0|0
  • They're basically as exciting as a molecule of helium.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am offended !

0|1
    1|0
  • How, what do you define as boring?

0|2
    0|2
  • Boring? No. Annoying? Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • sure they are all too conservative