My boyfriend eats like crap

My boyfriend and I agreed to stop eating out at restaurants, fast food, etc. I've beeen eating healthier and eating home cooked meals. He hasn't followed through with his end of the deal, though.

Not only is it unhealthy, but it's expensive to eat out as often as he does. It bothers me that he told me he was going to cut back on eating out, but hasn't. Is there anything I can do to change his bad eating habits?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Try making him a home cooked meal, have him sit down and show him how good it is

first time I converted a junk food eater, I sauteed some onions and garlic in olive oil, threw on a chicken breast and spiced it with salt and pepper

with a side of white rice and steamed broccoli, it is Phenomenal

1|0
    0|0
    • I think his problem is laziness. He doesn't want to take the time to prepare and cook something. I know if I made a home cooked meal, he would most likely eat it. He still lives with his parents and his mom does everything for him... It just worries me that his eating out will get even worse when he's on his own, since he won't want to make his own food.

• that is exactly what will happen unfortunately, all you can really do is keep telling him to stop

or the shock treatment, show him pictures of extremely obese people, and tell him he will end up that way if he keeps it up

• Sadly, not much you can do, he has to want to change on his own. Nagging won't work, putting out subtle hints won't either. He has to want it, and his actions says he doesn't.

Just keep doing what you are doing, he might see how much you enjoy and decide to chance on trying out eating healthy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to end our relationship, but I really don't want to spend my life with someone that doesn't care about their own health. We're only 21... I know if he eats like this everyday, he'll most likely develop diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. I'll be patient for now, thank you.

Recommended myTakes