Thinking of buying a house on my own.

Okay I've been single for over 10 years now, and I've been renting a sh*thole apartment for a while too. I'm thinking next year I'm gonna buy my own house because I hate paying others' to live in a place that I can't stand.

Ladies: would you like to be with a guy who has his own house, or do you want to choose a place with him for a place?

Guys: Did you have your own house when you got with your woman?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Buying or renting your own place is a plus. It means that I don't have to worry about going to yours and being in public, we can be ourselves. Also, no parents watching you come or go (not that you have that problem, being 29 and all)

I think it's good that you are looking forward to the future and wanting to get a nice place for yourself, however, slightly concerned about your reasoning... you're not JUST doing it so you can have a shot with the ladies are you? Houses are expensive things to own and run, I wouldn't want to see a question from you in a few months time saying you're broke...

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol. No I'm getting it because I hate renting and I like to do stuff when I want to, and not have people below and to the side of me hearing everything...

• Oh good :D I was scared then. Well you've got two options - move to a nicer apartment or rent a house, or buy one. If you have the money to do it then great! Do it :) There's not any bad here - you won't be judged for being a rich person because you're old enough to have earnt the money to buy a house, and you'll just be congratulated on doing so well to be able to buy one. Wishing you a beautiful house :) Get a hottub for the ladies ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's in your own advantage. You get to live in a place you love, a place new and if you got the finances, I'd say go for it! It shows women that you're capable of taking care of yourself and that you're independent.

When you meet a girl and you're planning on living together, she could either move in with you or you could other people rent your house or you could sell it. Depends on what you two agree on.

0|1
    0|0
  • I already had my house when I met my girlfriend. I had it for about 2 and a half years before we met. My roommate had just moved out when I met her, so I was living by myself. She thought it was great. The first time I brought her over, the living and dining rooms were torn up and I was halfway through installing hardwood floors. She found it quite a turn on actually that there were tools everywhere and that I was installing a floor myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I currently don't have my own house but like you I'm in the market to buy one. It makes sense to use the money on your own house instead of giving it to somebody else to live in an apartment (which you seem very unhappy with)

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't matter to me either way. Even if you meet someone and decide that you'd rather have a different place it's not like you can't sell whichever house you decide to move into. It also is a plus to know that you are able to manage your finances and are responsible enough to make such an investment. Happy house hunting!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes buying your own place is nothing but the smartest move all the way around. Its good for you to have your own assests and not rely on anyone. And most girls do like a guy who owns their own place. It shows independence, responsibility, and the fact you have a job lol. If you guys were to get serious and she wants to pick out another house the house can always be sold. Good for you man!

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as you can afford it, go for it...Even if you get married, you can sell it or use it for an investment. Anyway, you're renting, so you're paying money anyway, even though the house won't end up yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a bad time to buy a house...it's a whole new experiences with or without girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • First off, good for you. Oh Yeah, it'd be great to be with a guy who has a house.

1|1
    0|0
  • yes of course. so when do we move in?

0|1
    0|0
    • Hmmm. A 3 some? But I don't know if I can afford a house for all of us. ;p

• Show All
    • Sweetness! But are you sure you want to see my naked ass running around? lol

• eh I wouldn't care. but I would chase you with a wet towel lol can my boyfriend come? we wana move out together

Recommended myTakes