Any good books I should read?

Books that are not overrated, or related to vampires or werewolves. I love the Harry Potter series, and Hunger Games isn't too bad. I'm looking for something that has an intricate back story. Maybe a book or series of books in a sci-fi era, or maybe a mythological era.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• although not on your list

VC Andrews-flowers in the attic and the book after that is petals in the wind

reymundo sanchez-the making of a latin king, and once a king always a king

these are my favorites

u said no vampires so I won't list ann rice lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lord Of The Rings ! Dude read

them all from the Hobit, it goes

into so much more depth, their

are so much other information

that is not shown on the movies.

The Hardy Boys, classic mysteries

I remember I finished one in a day I

was so hooked.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah man I recently bought the four books, in those cool black covers with colored rings. I've decided that's what I'm reading next.

• Here are some sci-fi and fantasy books I've read recently that you might like:

-The Maze Runner trilogy

-I Am Number Four and The Power of Six (still waiting on the library for The Rise of Nine)

-Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (I'm 18 and I just read them, they're really good and very mythologically accurate)

-Unwind and Unwholly by Neal Shusterman

0|0
    0|0
    • The Maze Runner seems incredible. Thanks! Same with the Neal Shusterman books.

• I've read almost everything of Neal's. He's an incredible writer.

• Life-- By Evolution Or By Creation?

I always believe in a creator and I can't deny the existence of God after reading this book.Not sure if it is the same for you.

(Note:I'm not trying to preach anything here as I have no religion).I just read and enjoy the book.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Series Of Unfortunate events is a classic book series with a detailed but understandable history. I loved it. I think the Percy Jackson book series is entertaining and also Maximum Ride, really good.

Lord of The Rings is really good too but long. The Chronicles of Narnia is great as well. Have fun reading!

0|0
    0|0
  • Divergent and Insurgent are my favorite books right now. It's a trilogy, but the third one doesn't come out until next fall. Divergent starts off kind of slow because its setting the scene, but if oyu just get through it the story is REALLY good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you read Divergent by Veronica Roth? The main character kind of reminds me of Katniss. Match by Ally Condie isn't bad either, also Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro is a good one too, if you haven't already seen the movie

0|0
    0|0
    • Funny how I search Divergent, and I find out the girl for that role also auditioned for Katniss. Coincidently you said she reminded you of Katniss. Match kind of has my interest. Thanks!

• Ha ha that's funny. And no problem, hope you enjoy the book!

• I'm getting a fantasy, alternate universe kind of vibe. I'm not really a fan of fantasy, but I have read Ender's game collection, The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, and the Dune series.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think you might also like this series that isn't mentioned that often, Pendragon. I read it along side Harry Potter, and it has that science fiction vibe. It's a dude that travels to different worlds in some kind of tunnel system, trying to save the world from some tyrant. It's kind of like Harry Potter.

• The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (5 books I believe) by Michael Scott

--it's got a lot of magic and mythology in it, like harry potter

--you can download the pdf's online

--enjoy :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • The King Killer Chronicles, you can thank me later.

0|0
    0|0
  • i can't believe nobody suggested the hobbit or the lord of the rings trilogy

0|1
    0|0
  • This isn't really sci-fi or anything, but a really good book it Tinker Taillor Soilder Spy. It is a lot easier to follow then the movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Alex Rider serious. I might be a girl- but tons of guys got me into these books a couple years ago. I own the whole serious lol

0|0
    0|0
  • The Solace Trilogy

The Archives of Anthropos

The Halo novels. But only the ones by Eric Nylund

0|0
    0|0
  • Michael Lewis books: Liars Poker, Blind Side, and The Big Short.

0|0
    0|0
  • Read 'The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien... nuff said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Game of Thrones. Done.

0|0
    0|1
  • Pendragon is really good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Bible = History, Adventure, Romance, Sci-Fi.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked the Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divergent

0|0
    0|0
  • Game of thrones

0|0
    0|0
  • Lord of the rings

0|0
    0|0
  • The bible. Haha just kidding.