Why do white guys try to act "thugged out"

Not saying all but I notice at my university majority of white guys try to act "thugged out". Just because you listen to tupac, little wayne and biggie doesn't mean you are "gangsta". don't get me wrong there are a lot of black guys who try to act "hood" and know good well they never even grew up in the hood or nowhere close to it. I don't believe in using terms like "acting white or black" because actions aren't ethnic specific :) So why people they try to act thuggish when they grew up in the surburbs?
Updates:
sorry for the typo everyone. Please ignore the last part. Its supposed to say why do people try to act thuggish when they grew up in the surburbs?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How do you know they acting gangsta? First off no thug listens to little wayne... 2nd of all has it occured to you that perhaps they enjoy wearing baggy pants, with a furr hood on the jacket and listen to rap? Lets categorize all those people into gangstas, and while we're at it lets call all the guys that wear v necks and tight jeans gay.

2|0
    1|1
    • You can tell when someone tries too hard to be something they are not. The way they talk, act, look, etc. Yes you can enjoy being a certain way but there is a big difference trust me

• K well I wear baggy pants farely low, I wear a jacket with fur on the hood, I listen to pac, I talk gangsta, throw my hood up if I want to. I go to school have a 3.8GPA but at the same time chill with some of the worst people in my city, most of which have a longer record than my... But I wear the pants cause theyre comfy, wear the jacket cause its cold and its the best against cold, listen to pac cause he made good music, wear my hoodie cause I want to, and chill with them cause I've known them

• They think it's fashionable or cool, it got nothing to do with 'growing up in some sh*thole' or whatever - you see it all around (or actually used to) in MTV and whatnot - it was merely a trend they follow.

3|2
    0|0
    • That's the word that came to my mind... fashionable.

Also, some people grew up around it, it's all they know. They act like their friends.

• They're trying to be cool. Ever since rap became mainstream it attracted people who wouldn't have ordinarily been exposed to it.it was something different, rebellious and cool. They're playing a role. Its different than surfers or skaters because those groups actually participate in the lifestyle (the actual activity). Now you've got privileged kids in the suburbs acting like they grew up struggling in impoverished slums. People who really are hood hate these types. Just be yourself. 10 years from now those same suburban thugs will be driving their tykes to soccer practice in the burbs. Lol

They don't realize that all this is doing is making Real hood dudes that much more appealing to some girls. Its like if you're a young girl and you see the guy from your neighborhood now thinks he's a trap God because he listens to Gucci Mane, and you see the guy who is actually from the hood and really is what the wannabe is trying to be...who are you gonna be more attracted to?

2|2
    1|0
  • Because growing up in the suburbs... they didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose them.

3|4
    0|0
  • Wiggers who grew up in the 'burbs lmao

Not the projects or hood or even the trailer park, but the suburbs<-----THE WORST

It's even worse when they don't even associate with other "thugs" just themselves or some geeks

1|1
    1|1
  • I don't know if you're familiar with history, but white people have been pretty gangster throughout history. We've rolled over entire continents. Macedonian Empire, Roman Empire, Holly Rome Empire, British Empire, United States of America. We've won multiple World Wars. We've rolled over a plethora of countries and instilled governments to our liking. We've run organized crime rackets like the Italian Mafia, bootlegging operations in the 30's, etc. White people have the world power at the moment. It's nice that you think we are harmless and weak nice folks. I guess we have good publicists or something, but white people are gangster as f***. Watch your back. =P

2|4
    2|0
    • Show All
    • Rap idealized white culture in so many ways it's funny. You think someone in the projects going to the food pantry can respond to get money dollar dollar bills yall? Rocking a Rolex, and riding in a benz? Nope... You think some white stockbroker that's about to roll 100 people today for 10 large can? You bet! Why do you think white people are the biggest consumers of popular rap music?... Popular rap is black guys wanting to be white, wanting to take sh*t and get rich.

• *relate

• haha I have wondered about this one too. I think they feel a connection to the rap. I have known a couple dude like that they were all blond and wore Thuggish clothing and they were all about 2pac and eminem, it was a while ago. I think when eminem became famous white guys thought it was OK to wear the baggy clothes and the bandana, and look really silly. But as you said there isn't such thing as acting black or white so can't really judge them on the clothes they wear. But it still looks fun.

0|0
    1|0
  • This is a good question and I'm having trouble finding the right words...

Think about it like, they are doing it to try and fit in, a phase so to speak. Especially since you are talking about people at your University, I doubt anyone there knows what the hood is about.

0|0
    0|0
  • i saw an Asian guys doing that and I fell to the floor laughing, they looked so bad

3|0
    1|1
  • cause they are insecure and afraid to show their true identity

3|1
    0|0
    • Rofl, please teach me more mr philosopher.

• im not saying all of them are, but most of the once that do really are (from my experience back in high school). is like they suffer the same complex that vanilla ice had. but like I said, I'm not saying all of them cause there are those that you can't really blame; Eminem is a perfect example, growing up in Detroit (an all black city), proofs that he had no choice to act the way he has always acted

• I wonder why anybody acts like that... it's definitely not something I'd ever look for...

0|1
    0|0
  • since I was a kid... so since you're the expert please let me know am I actin thug?

0|0
    0|0
    • Do I personally know you? Never talked to you, don't see you in person, don't know who you are. Ask someone who is actually around you

• I just described myself to you... all those features are that of a person who is ''actin thug'' is that not right?

• They think they're impressing the girls

2|1
    0|0
    • Maybe only teen girls are into that, or gangster girls.

• Wiggers make me vomit.

1|2
    2|0
  • Wiggers... they suck

0|2
    2|0
  • Stupidity

0|0
    0|0
  • They're trying to act cool but look stupid doing it

0|0
    0|0
  • Pick a Best Answer already! :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I hate when they do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Because as young boys they see that being thuggish is so much more "cooler" than not. They don't wanna be punked, and apparently they think that being this way makes them un-punkable? ha ha if that's even a word. & then they grow up thinking they "are" thugs, and most don't change because that's what they became used to. BUT in reality they are all pathetic for doing this if they are truly not from the ghetto.

0|0
    0|0
  • good question! I think a lot of non-thug guys of all races try to act that way because its 'bad ass' and they think it is hot to women or a turn on cause he has swag or something. I personally am not attracted to it, I think that kind of behavior is associated with players and pimps and guys who just use women for sex. the guy I liked he was actually a religious type of guy who followed rules and stuff and even he would start talking like a thug sometimes and act bad ass...and all I sensed was insecurity and trying to be something he's not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because hot girls usually love it. Most will only date guys that act like that.

0|1
    2|0
    • Ewk!

Maybe chola girls like it! If guys are into those sharpie eyebrow girls, and think THEY are hot, then yea they will act, dress like a gangster even if they aren't!

• I'm not even exactly referring to those kinds of girls. They can be hot, but it's a "fake" hot, but even the straight up and down gorgeous girls are into guys like this, especially while they're young and I really wish they would just get their standards straightened around!

• You know it use to be people were respectable and acted like adults in the day when a gangster was what it is dis respectable dishonest and shameful. I read the comment below simply put ( growing up in the suburbs... they didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose them), which is BS, by the way. How untrue that statement is and there is a word for it called responsibly. Everybody has a choice to walk away from that kind of life and if they don't they're not taking on responsibility for their own destination. Those who lead a thug life are followers not leaders and followers all end up at the same destination. It's simple choose your friends well and keep away from the lifestyle including dress talk and music.

0|1
    0|0
    • That was a joke lol

• Show All
    • These days you just never know. A little sarcasm I took serious disregard my response and my apology for going on the offensive!

• All good lol

• Blame everything on hip hop.

0|2
    3|2
  • Why do white and black people try to act thugged out? It's all a waste of time and they are all useless individuals in society. What do they have to prove? "Yo I belong to the Rollin' 500 gang on 25th and 9th and if you come in my hood...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes