Why do white guys try to act "thugged out"

Not saying all but I notice at my university majority of white guys try to act "thugged out". Just because you listen to tupac, little wayne and biggie doesn't mean you are "gangsta". don't get me wrong there are a lot of black guys who try to act "hood" and know good well they never even grew up in the hood or nowhere close to it. I don't believe in using terms like "acting white or black" because actions aren't ethnic specific :) So why people they try to act thuggish when they grew up in the surburbs?
sorry for the typo everyone. Please ignore the last part. Its supposed to say why do people try to act thuggish when they grew up in the surburbs?

1016

Most Helpful Guy