Texting is great, but IRL is awkward?

I text this girl pretty often, and our conversations are great. I like her, and she likes me. She'll usually text me saying, "Hey (:", and our text conversation will go from there. I start the conversations as well, but 2/3 the times she will initiate it. We are kind of in that 'dating' phase. I've taken her out on two dates, and we've held hands and hugged a couple times. The first date was about 2 weeks ago.

But at school, it's kind of awkward for some reason. She doesn't have the same..interest in me that she does when texting me. When I see her in the halls, I'll flash her a smile but sometimes she smiles back, but sometimes she just looks away. She's always shy and with her friends, and it is really hard to talk to her alone. But once I get her alone, it takes her a while to get in to it, and then we have that interest level that we do when texting.

So what does this mean? And how do I get her to have that instant interest/attraction when seeing her?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Ii don't know why young people think texting is a great way to get to know some one.its not and its not the same as talking to some one!

Id say pick up the phone and talk more so it won't be so awkward when you meet again.