When you die, what do you want to do to your dead body?

I definitely want to donate my organs...because I just won't be using them after I get cremated.

My entire family is completely against organ donating...let alone the cremation lol.

I figure maybe I might not be cremated but I definitely don't see why I should donate my organs when I am dead.
  • I want my body to be preserved.
    Vote A
  • I want my body to be buried.
    Vote B
  • I want my body to be cremated.
    Vote C
  • I want to donate my organs and be buried or cremated.
    Vote D
  • I really don't know...or other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Why I shouldn't*

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. There is no reason why you shouldn't, it's your body after all :)

2. As of me, I recently hit upon the thought that I didn't choose this body or even parents or even my sex while I was born, I was cared for by my parents when I was younger and couldn't care for myself, when I get old maybe my child will care for me, I have people around me including siblings who love and care for me now, stand by me when I need them. All these people have their beliefs and faiths (we all belong to some faith or the other). In which case I'd write down which parts of my body I want to donate (skin, kidney, liver, brain, eyes etc) but I'll finally also write that as long as it makes those who matter to me, have stood by me (by naming them) to jointly take a call on what to do with my mortal remains and that what I've written should not be taken as a last wish etc.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• if I died from some type of disease iam thinking I might donate my body to science, my last ditch attempt at trying to help humanity as they could maybe get a better insight on the disease that killed me. if I died in a horrible accident id donate organs presuming they were still useable, then have the rest cremated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Keeping your organs for yourself after death is the most selfish, ridiculous thing I can think off.

Say you have a car crash with your sibling and you die and he/she needs an organ to survive. Siblings make good donors, but he/she dies because you 'feel weird about giving away organs'...

They can harvest everything they want, I'm not using it anymore anyway.

5|0
    0|0
  • Burn it.

I don't know why... but conserving remains in any way even in a coffin to me seems the same as keeping your dead goldfish even after it's dead.

When is over is over, we always must turn the page.

1|0
    1|0
  • I want to donate my organs and don't really know if I want to be cremated or buried. I've always been leaning more towards cremation but I don't know.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol we are going through the same train of thought.

• Lol. Our families think alike too. I think if I got cremated then someone could have my internal organs and live, or like skin for a burn victim... its not like I'd use them. But if I got buried I'd like an open casket hahaha.

• I want to be buried with a hand flipping the bird as my headstone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to donate my organs, but I'm not sure I will be able to. And I intend to be cremated. I think cemeteries are THE biggest waste of space on this planet, deserts included. I am not afraid of death, and I am in no way going to try to continue to live. Once I die, I don't particularly care what you do with my body.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I may, I think your family is just freaked out. A lot of people seem to think that donating your organs means the paramedics won't try as hard to save you (what?). Plus, it's really terrifying to think of a loved one's death. They probably just don't want to think of it, so immediately shut down any positivity you may feel toward it (donating your organs is you accepting your death and positively helping others)

• Donor stuff filed out. Of course that assumes I haven't worn them out by then. Then ashes to be scattered. Simple. Family agrees. But paperwork legally done.

At 64, been told eyes, kidneys in great shape, liver looks good. Heart might be iffy, lungs ready to snatch now. Felt like they were going to dismantle me now lol

At least I will feel some use - and life - will come of me when I kick the bucket the last time :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll donate anything that someone else can use, and the rest of me will be cremated.

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't even really care what happens to my body when I'm dead. all I know is I want a statue of me somewhere

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is your age over 45?

And I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread over the Golden Gate bridge.

1|0
    0|0
  • Necrophiliacs can have at it for all I care. I would be dead anyways lol

2|0
    0|0
  • I said D. as long as I'm 100% dead and not in a coma or anything I want to donate any organs that might be good enough for someone else than cremated. if I had the money I would want my ashes to be sent into space which I know for a fact that a few people have done it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm donating most of my organs but not my skin, limbs or my eyes, I think they aren't necessities to living and are a way too personal piece of me.

I don't mind if I'm burried or cremated, but I wouldn't want my body donated to science.

0|0
    0|0
    • Out of curiosity, why are they so important? Especially the eyes? Seeing is an integral part of life, which you have just proven by cherishing it so much. And you would deny someone else the opportunity to experience what you have cherished so much that you want to take it to your grave?

• Show All
    • I just honestly don't see where you're coming from. If you're uncomfortable with it, that's fine. But saying it's unnecessary is foolish, because what's the epitome of unnecessary is your dead body holding your eyes and rotting with them. They can hack my body apart; I couldn't care less. That doesn't make me squeamish. If makes you squeamish and that's fine, but your logic isn't sound.

• It makes sense to me and that's all that matters. Good luck to you.

• First I do not want a funeral. I feel that the viewing of the dead body is medieval. It just awful to me and it is horrible for everyone. I just want to cremated, and I want everyone to go and have a really wonderful meal, a few drinks, just have a good time. That's what I desire, after I leave this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got this figured out...donate my organs (or sell them to the highest bidder...kidding!). Then cremation. My good friend does that, so that should be interesting! So, my ashes should be put into an urn either (stay with me here) with my dog who has been cremated too, if he dies before me. OR I'm in the urn waiting for him! Cool! Huh? Best friends forever. Then just bury the dang thing. I really don't care where. Back yard, forest, field, the park...where ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife could not donate she died of cancer

My sister could not donate she has cancer

Myself perhaps I consider donation if there is no disease to pass on

Definitely cremated I do not wish my body or the rest of me to rotten in a box eaten by maggots

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wanna die, I'm hoping stem cell research comes to the point where they can replace the sh*tty parts of me with new ones cyclically :).

And if I do happen to do, It'd be cool to be in space, I wanna be launched out into space!

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to donate my organs, then I don't care if I'm buried or cremated. It won't matter to me. But if I'm cremated, I do not want to be in a urn sitting on some relative's mantle. That's so creepy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an organ donor and after all that's said and done I'd like to be buried in an unfinished pine box so that my body can decompose with the earth like it was meant to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I picked D. Let others utilize what they can and do whatever with the rest. I'll be dead so it's not like I'll care if I'm buried, cremated, or thrown in a mud hole. J/S

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds kind of selfish but I want to return to the earth and be recycled back into the ecosystem from which I came, from whenst I came, I shall remain... eternal

1|0
    0|0
    • Same. To me signing up for organ donation is sort of saying 'i'm going to die early so...', Cremation is just a little too strange/too macabre.

• yeah I agree completely, I have nothing against organ donation or cremation, I think I would donate my organs if I happened to perish at a young age (morbid but realistic), but if I'm living a long life I want to be returned to the earth exactly how I entered it

• Donate and then burn me? Eh, I don't really care all that much, but if my body can help someone else (seeing as I certainly don't need it anymore) than that's the main thing I'd want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would donate my organs but thinking of it just freak me out I mean imagine that I died and donated my organs then somehow I am alive again lol I mean my heart got back beating and I have no organs ? painful

0|0
    0|0
  • Save your money.

Just throw me in a dumpster or in a ditch on the side of the road. Let the state do whatever it is that they do with a John Doe.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to be dumped in the ocean. where life started

4|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I want my organs harvested if they are still usable. Makes sense to be able to save another life if I'm not gonna need them anymore.

And I want to be cremated. My kids can do what they want with the ashes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted D. I'm keen on donating my organs and I'd want to be cremated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Donate organs and be planted as a tree: link

0|0
    0|0
  • donate my organs and probably be cremated,

though I don't really care about how my body is disposed of

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care as long it's not donated for science or there is no autopsy done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Immediate cremation after donor organ harvest. The whole embalming and stuffing of human carcasses into boxes and burying them with some weird ceremony is the creepiest thing imaginable to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I go I want to be stuffed and put in a corner.Standing or sitting.lol

1|0
    0|0
  • donate my organs and make me into a mummy ... modern day pharoah

1|0
    0|0
  • Either mummification (lol don't judge) or be buried at the bottom of the ocean.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be cremated then shot out I a canon into outer space

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to donate my organs,then I don't care if I'm buried or cremated.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe cryogenically frozen or turn into a diamond

0|0
    1|0
  • buried

0|0
    0|0
  • Donate organs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you thinking about death ? Haaha

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be frozen and then thawed out in the future, when they find a cure for what killed me. It may be a long shot, but it isn't like I have anything to lose by trying. If I can't come back to life, then I don't care what happens to my body. It isn't like I would know about it.

I don't want to be in a coma where they start taking my body parts, before I am actually dead, the way they do now. If I were already dead then I wouldn't have an issue with it. Anyway I don't believe that organ donation will be needed for much longer in human history with a lot of the advances in science. Another 20 years and organ donation will likely be uncommon.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would absolutely want my organs donated and I want to be buried in the ground, I like the idea of being a part of the earth again that way, I don't want to be cremated that has never really been anything I wanted.

All that being said when it comes down to it I'll be dead so I'm going to leave it up to whomever is in charge of my body after my death to decide what THEY want to do with my body because let's face it, I'll be dead and they'll be the ones left to grieve how they need to grieve and if they'd be able to move on better if I'm not an organ donor and I'm cremated with ashes on the mantle then that's honestly fine with me as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should do that as you plan. I will freeze myself though

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes