Guys, do you know about promise rings?

I was talking about it with some guy friends and one didn't even really know about them. I wondered how common that is among men.

If you do know about them, under what circumstances would you buy one for your girlfriend?

Is it weird or bad to ask for one? I know it should be something coming from your girlfriend/boyfriend because they want to. It would be more meaningful if they did it themselves but say its been years.
Thanks for answering. I don't think its "important" like I NEED it. I just think its a sweet thing and it would just make me happy personally to wear it and what it makes me feel to see it everyday. Subtly hinting is a great idea.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't just come right out and ask for one, because:

A. You'll always wonder if he gave it to you because he felt forced

B. He will miss out on the enjoyment of surprising you, and feeling like it was all his idea.

I guess you could always drop super subtle hints. Like, " my friend Megan's Boyfriend just got her a promise ring. That is so romantic!"

Just don't oversell it. LOL