If you're failing a class at midterms is it possible to come back?

Simple as the question

Say you're failing a class at midterms is it possible to get an a or b at least if you hadn't had many absents?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Failed midterm, got an A on final.

In my case I am smart but super lazy. If I get motivated to study I'll kill any exam.

However, Statistics for most people say otherwise. People do worse on finals.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! And if it makes you feel any better I'm the same way! :)

• Good luck!

• Depends on the class and how it's structured. How many exams, how much other class stuff to build up points like quizzes or homework, how the final is weighted (sometimes the final is worth a lot more so a good performance on it will do a lot for you). There can be other factors as well. I had one class where the teacher sprung something on us the last week. In organic chemistry, we took the ACS exam, and he said no matter what your grade is, even if you're failing, if you score 90th percentile or higher you get an A in the class because you obviously know your stuff even if you didn't show it before.

If all you have is 2 exams in the class weighted equally, you most likely won't be getting a B in it unless you have a different grading scale that most places where 59 and lower is an F. Even if you scored 100 on the final with the highest possible F grade of 59 on the first exam, you're looking at 159/2=79.5. If the teacher rounds up, you're at a B. If they don't, you're at a C.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you very much! Very helpful xx

Recommended myTakes