She told me a fake name, now gets angry when I call her by it. Who's to blame?

She told me her name was Stephanie and let me believe it for 4 months. Finally she confessed and told me her name was Ashley and it took her so long to fess up because she didn't know how to admit her guilt.

A month later I still sometimes call her Stephanie and she gets mad at me for it. Its not something I do on purpose and I always correct myself when it happens. Is she entitled to get angry at me for calling her Stephanie or am I to blame for not remember her real name after a month?
  • You should remember her name.
  • Take your time, she lied to you, its her own fault.
If it matters, we met online. Over the course of those 4 months we grew extremely close and promised ourselves to each other. We would speak for 3-8 hours every single day and rarely missed going a day without talking to each other. It was after we established deep bonds of trust in one another that she revealed her name was actually Ashley and that she wanted to tell me sooner but didn't know how to bring it up. 2 months in we had a fight and I askd if she had any other secrets. She said no.

810

Most Helpful Girl

• o_O why would she tell you a fake name? lol. I don't think you're really at fault but I mean...you could try to remember her name a little bit harder hahahha.