She told me a fake name, now gets angry when I call her by it. Who's to blame?

She told me her name was Stephanie and let me believe it for 4 months. Finally she confessed and told me her name was Ashley and it took her so long to fess up because she didn't know how to admit her guilt.

A month later I still sometimes call her Stephanie and she gets mad at me for it. Its not something I do on purpose and I always correct myself when it happens. Is she entitled to get angry at me for calling her Stephanie or am I to blame for not remember her real name after a month?
  • You should remember her name.
    Vote A
  • Take your time, she lied to you, its her own fault.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If it matters, we met online. Over the course of those 4 months we grew extremely close and promised ourselves to each other. We would speak for 3-8 hours every single day and rarely missed going a day without talking to each other. It was after we established deep bonds of trust in one another that she revealed her name was actually Ashley and that she wanted to tell me sooner but didn't know how to bring it up. 2 months in we had a fight and I askd if she had any other secrets. She said no.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• o_O why would she tell you a fake name? lol. I don't think you're really at fault but I mean...you could try to remember her name a little bit harder hahahha.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lol who the f*** does that. She seems really lame for doing that. I don't see any freaking purpose to it. Anyway if you think she's worth it, try to call her by her real name. It's her own fault not yours, don't take it too hard on yourself buddy, so if she gets too whiny about it once you let it out out of the blue once every full moon, just tell her to get off her high horse and that you're making an effort as it is, that she shouldn't have played you from the start. That's it.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you are going to talk to her anyways...

Get her name right...

if that is too hard to do...

make up a nickname for her...

For me, if it was once in awhile.. or the first few days.. It's on me...

but if its more then rarely.. and it's been a month.. it is on you now.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think maybe she needs her come uppins for that. A sound bare bottom spanking with a good scolding seems appropriate. She has no complaint coming. She created the mind set and in my mind she just has to deal with you adjusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • She to blame, but she gets mad because it reminds her of her SHAME!

0|1
    0|0
    • Thats what I said! She's just trying to push it back on me because she doesn't want to shoulder it.

• LOL! I find it hilarious when a woman's lies come back to bite her in the ass. Moral of the story, don't lie. It just makes you look like a retard. No, she has no right to be angry. She let a lie go on for months. How psycho is that? Maybe you should just ditch her. Do you want someone who lies to you about who they are? I sure as hell don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not sure why you even want to continue being friends with her . if she can't even tell you her real name . what else is she hiding ? is there any more half truths or lies to come out

0|0
    0|0
  • It's her fault. She was the one being dishonest. She can't be mad at you now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say it's on her for getting you used to knowing "Stephanie". Why the hell would someone introduce themselves by a fake name anyway?

0|1
    0|0
  • Stephanie, I mean Ashley, definitely has something to hide if she can't even tell the truth about her name. Better find someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um... both?

It was totally wrong of her to use a fake name, but who knows? She might not have expected to know you longer and it got awkward. I once used a fake name at Starbucks and the guy that works there still thinks my name is Ella. I don't have the heart to tell him my name is actually Ruby, but it doesn't matter because I only have that problem when I go to that particular Starbucks.

But whatever the situation is, it probably took a lot for her to admit that she was using a fake name. You should try to remember her real one now, but she should expect you to take some time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it is her fault...but teasing gets old...quickly...):

0|1
    0|0
  • she seems crazy, maybe you should call it off rather then call her ashley or stephanie

0|1
    0|0
  • She's to blame. And I wouldn't trust her if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's to blame, no doubt. Not even a question imo.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who lies about their name? Stupid ,..

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds excruciatingly irritating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh she's to blame for sure...there's no way around that. You should really just call her Stephanie all the time lol...bitch deserves it

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes