Do you guys think guys should also take care of themselves for their girls?

It just seems more often than not, the girl seems to be the one that lets herself go a bit after they became involve in a serious relationship with a guy and then the guy starts complaining or just plain distance himself from her or even breaking up with her just because he couldn't bring himself to be honest with her about her change or he was really rude about it...BUT what happens when is the other way around? Girls want to be with that hot guy she fell in love with too. How would you want us to ask you to get back on track when you let go of yourself a little? And if your a girl, have you dealt with this and how?
Updates:
Thank you! Yes both should always try to look their best hence I don't agree with the double standard to me the attraction should always be there. I am visual too. So you can't say that guys are the visual ones only LOL. Women need to keep attracting their love one and not loose themselves and then question why the guy cheated.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think so. Both partners should take care of themselves, in a way it's dishonest when you let yourself go after getting settled in a relationship, it implies you presented a false front to the other person, and now that you have them, you stop caring and your true self shows up. Of course it's a lot of work to keep yourself up, and people tend to be lazy.

I do get annoyed by the double standard that some women seem to hold. They insist the man should love the woman for who she is (which I agree) so he's bad if he complains she let herself go, but then when the man lets himself go, they lose interest in him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, and I think that's what many people fail to realize, attraction must also be maintained. And yes women are very visual. When a very fit man with a six pack walks by shirtless, you can see most of the women around trying to resist ogling him lol, especially if he has a handsome face.

• Yes I agree with your first statement.

Exhibit A: link

Exhibit B: link

I mean is it that hard to keep yourself up? I understand that over time looks fade, medical problems surface, and love occasionally fades. But I think that physical and sexual attraction is a major component of any relationship and both parties should work to keep those up for one another. Cheating and divorce is rampant (for other reasons than these too), but there are avoidable measures for it. Plus men are much more visual than women and care far more about their girls getting fat than vice-versa.

0|0
    0|0
    • It must be lol. Or we wouldn't have so many overweight people in the West and now increasingly in developing countries.

It is hard though, first a person must refrain from doing something they enjoy, constantly, all the time, eating delicious foods. Then they must do something they don't like, exert their bodies vigorously. So much easier for most people to just sit on their butts and stuff their faces.

• Show All
    • Although I agree with you guys about the Hormonal changes I got to say people use "getting old" as an excuse waaayyy too often to just discontinue being active. I rather die skydiving than live to be 80 and in a wheelchair being pushed around. Guess it all depends on the person.

• Same here QA

Recommended myTakes