Is being told you are "like a Barbie" a terrible thing?

I think it is. My best friend (a guy) just told me this.. He said I remind him of a Barbie doll because I´m blond, skinny, you like pink, you are sweet and very girly". That´s great, but isn't barbie really stupid?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• "Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy-company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.

Barbie is the figurehead of a brand of Mattel dolls and accessories, including other family members and collectible dolls. Barbie has been an important part of the toy fashion doll market for fifty years, and has been the subject of numerous controversies and lawsuits, often involving parody of the doll and her lifestyle."

Wikipedia's a great thing, isn't it?

Barbie was made in the late 50's as sort of a "this is what women should look like" type thing. Of course this is just a media plause to get women to buy barbies and have self image problems, pouring money into all sorts of makeup etc...

Now that women are starting to be more comfortable with themselves as Barbie is being remodeled to be more "real life-like", it doesn't matter if he's calling you barbie. Besides, doesn't barbie do likeee, everything (lawyer, doctor, etc..) or is that something else I'm thinking of