Is not speaking to someone childish?

What if you have reason? If they intentionally hurt you, by hurt I mean emotionally?

I did tell my guy friend exactly what was on my mind about the situation and I don't really have anything else to say.

He keeps asking if I'm still angry when I've told him I'm more hurt than anything. I'm not sure he gets that.

But I'm wondering if the "silent treatment" is childish. I'm tired of hearing excuses as to the reason why so I've cut the communication off for now. But I am hearing more from him now then ever as to when this will end.

Seems to me that the silent treatment would be more of a reward then a punishment as you don't have to hear the other party complaining, yes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If his apology is sincere, I think it's served it's purpose. If his behavior is likely to continue though, you're better off not talking to him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry to say the "I'm sorry" has not been said. I don't know if sorry is truly the hardest word for some people. But thank you for your input.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just simply tell him you don't like him and that you don't really want to talk to him.

Straight up tell him you have nothing more to say to him and leave

0|0
    1|0
  • If you care about him then let it go both of you forgive forget and move on to me it sounds childish on both sides. If the issue was small don't let it ruin your friendship in the end you will regret it. now if the issue was big and life threatening then yes you shold stay away from him. butvholding onto this hurt feeling is not helping the situation it will just make things harder and worse and probably ruin your friendship. I guess in the end what is more important holding onto something that already happened or the guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think not talking to someone you are close to is childish, but that is not your situation. If he is sincere and not likely to make the same insult again then you should resume as normal. If you don't want to talk to him because you don't like him, tell him.

The other side of this is how sensitive were you. Was his comment something that others would find offensive? Ask some of your girl friends what they think of his behavior. If they agree with you, then you decide how to deal with him on an ongoing basis. If they don't then you should probably work on being less sensitive.

My belief in general is this. My emotional reactions are mine. I generated them. I'm responsible. I hang with those I like and am friendly to those I have to work with. If someone is obnoxious and singling me out then gentle hints to back off are in order and then move to a more direct message.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Sometimes people don't realize what they have until it's gone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes