Do you think this is kinda strange? Do they not like me?

So I'm in Human A&P 2 at college, and I'm the top student in class, but I'm also the youngest in the class as well. (more than half the class is over 21) The other students are nice to me and ask me for help quite a bit and we talk some but no one wants to hang out or anything and they don't usually talk to me unless they need my help or if I talk to them first.

Do you guys think they may not like me? Also to note I made a 95 on the first test and the teacher called the rest of the class out and said "Brody (my real name) here is only 18 and he is kicking yalls ass up and down the street on this test" I guess not many of them did well. I think a few like me and those might be the ones who are over 30 but the rest I think only tolerate me and talk to me when they need help.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not strange really. People get jealous and it seems to be a problem in many areas be it college, work, school etc. There's not much you can do. If you try to be friendly with people but get nothing back then that just shows there's something blocking the potential friendship and it's likely jealousy from their side. People are cruel and because you're also the youngest they could actually be rather intimidated that you outsmart them all in that subject. In a situation like this you're powerless.. just focus on the people that actually feel like talking even if they're over 30. At least they'd be more mature hopefully:)