Do you think this is kinda strange? Do they not like me?

So I'm in Human A&P 2 at college, and I'm the top student in class, but I'm also the youngest in the class as well. (more than half the class is over 21) The other students are nice to me and ask me for help quite a bit and we talk some but no one wants to hang out or anything and they don't usually talk to me unless they need my help or if I talk to them first.

Do you guys think they may not like me? Also to note I made a 95 on the first test and the teacher called the rest of the class out and said "Brody (my real name) here is only 18 and he is kicking yalls ass up and down the street on this test" I guess not many of them did well. I think a few like me and those might be the ones who are over 30 but the rest I think only tolerate me and talk to me when they need help.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not strange really. People get jealous and it seems to be a problem in many areas be it college, work, school etc. There's not much you can do. If you try to be friendly with people but get nothing back then that just shows there's something blocking the potential friendship and it's likely jealousy from their side. People are cruel and because you're also the youngest they could actually be rather intimidated that you outsmart them all in that subject. In a situation like this you're powerless.. just focus on the people that actually feel like talking even if they're over 30. At least they'd be more mature hopefully:)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are younger then them..

You are not old enough to drink, which curbs hang outs..

You appear to be a keener.. thank the teach for that one if you're not...

It's not that they don't like you...

it is they don't know you.. and have more reason's to keep it that way

0|2
    1|0
  • That reminds me of this guy in my math class he's the youngest and he's in AP stats last year in calculus ab..I never asked for his help because he's kind of gross like farting in public w/o saying excuse me.Anyways he's quiet too and people only ask for help on math I don't think they hang out with him because they have friends their age and assume he has his own.

Well then again that's high school and he's a grade or 2 lowerer than some of the people in class.

0|1
    0|0
  • thats because they think you're a nerd, and the ones over 30 don't judge...So next time they ask for help tell em to suck a d***, and don't lose any sleep over it. O and don't listen to heyitsdan, you ussualy make friends in college really easily if you're smart just make sure you don't always make an excuse for not going out. I think he's referring to high school

0|1
    0|0
  • when you say college do you mean a college or university?

0|0
    1|0
    • a college.

• Show All
    • you are on here bragging so much about yourself lol you are full of yourself. Most people at community colleges are dumbasses.

• okay? All I said was that I was at the top of the class.

• That's college for ya

0|1
    0|0
  • She's ritr^

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a college. Not a Uni, it's harder to make friends at a community than a Uni. Some people may have a thing against you, but I doubt it. I've been talking to a couple people at my college and we still don't hang out. It's kind of hard to when everyone already has their friends and most leave the campus after of they meet up with their own friends.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes