Would it be possible to have a wolf as a pet?

If you raised a wolf from the time it was a pup, would it love you like a dog would?

108

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you could. They are amazing companions but they will not be your typical dog. Meaning, they're not the type to do fancy tricks or anything. Honestly, I don't recommend people getting a wolf or even a wolf hybrid. I have many friends and customers who have them and they are quite a handful. I've been in a pet industry for a long time and I admire wolves from afar but I will never intentionally buy a wolf as a pet. I would only raise one if no one else could. They're not a 'beginners' dog and you MUST understand wolf pack behavior before getting one. There are many people who loved the idea of having a wolf/wolf hybrid but end up giving up on them because they are too much to handle so they either get euthanized right away or taken in by a wolf rescue group (they despise people who didn't do their research before getting these high drive breed). They're also very expensive to take care of. You also have to 'cook' for them. If you give them regular dog food, they usually don't take to it very well and there will eventually be a huge vet bill.

If you need more information, feel free to hit me up.