If a boy calls a girl beautiful, does he really mean it?

Is that difficult for boys to tell girl she is beautiful?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with telling a girl she's beautiful...is that you come off as desperate and patronizing.

Unless he is genuinely dating her...saying she is "beautiful" is usually gonna change the way she perceives him, for the worse.

That's why you don't hear too many guys approaching females of interest and saying she is beautiful...that only works in the movies! In most cases, the girl will think the guy is trying to hard to impress her, and her attraction to him will nosedive (whether she notices or not).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It all depends. Some guys will toss out compliments to get something, usually sex, but could be other things too. Like I knew a dude in college who would call female classmates beautiful so they'd do his homework lol. I think younger men are particularly guilty of this.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, we all spout random bullsh*t from our mouths at every available opportunity. Why shouldn't he mean it? Sure, smearing on compliments can just be a way of getting into your pants, but in all likelihood, he'd only want into your pants if he thought you were beautiful in the first place. So yes, of course he means it. What gives you any reason to doubt him?

0|0
    0|0
  • it is if your immature, but anyone mature would never have a problem recognising a woman as beautiful and expressing to her that she was,x

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Sometimes, a dude will tell that to a girl just to get in her pants. Rarely, they mean it. When they actually fall in love.

0|0
    1|0
  • if I can't say something nice I don't say anything at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Very difficult, but yes I would always mean it! I've only ever called one girl beautiful. We aren't friends anymore :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes