What's the best way to deal with regret?

Since it's impossible to turn back on time, what we can do to overcome this feeling?

How do you deal with this?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Mistakes happen for a reason. If you lived without regrets, it means you're not capable of feeling anything intense - regret is PROOF of your being. It's something you never really get over as it constantly teaches you on a subconscious level. We feel regret because we want to be perfect. I have a lot of regrets I wish I could undo, but time is an illusionary pleasure.

Reminds me of the modern Time Machine movie when the lead character kept failing to save his girlfriend. Only to realize in the end that without her death, the motivation to build a time machine wouldn't have occured and he created this paradox.

If I had a time machine, I know I would become so obsessed with perfection that I would risk the future of Earth just for my own selfish desires.