17 years age difference... what does this email mean?

See my previous question and my last posted comment... this is continued since I could not post more comments.

What does this email mean? Is he still thinking what to do... or has he decided yet? If so, what has he decided?

First of all, my sincerest apologies for my tardiness in responding. Secondly, I would never question your character or integrity and not even remotely consider you selfish, irresponsible or immature. Actually, it is quite the opposite.

My delay in responding is a result of two things - being incredibly busy with work and other matters combined with trying to decide what to do with such an intelligent, impressive woman with incredible energy and courage to confront life. I am definitely not a player as I take my interactions with all people quite seriously. It is just that I have struggled enormously with how to respond to you.

You are such a fine human being Eva. It is because I have the utmost regard for you that I have struggled with what to do. Life is very busy for me currently and, while you are not far away, you are not around the corner. You are not easy to forget or dismiss from my mind however. There is something about you that captivates and impresses me all at once, not to mention the things that you have noticed we have in common. When I mention the age difference it is nothing more than what I said to you before - that is that I may become too old for you at some point. But your assurances go far in convincing me that will not be the case.

Tomorrow evening I am leaving for ABCD and will return on Sunday. I attend these conferences twice a year in October and April. My life has been crazy with little spare time. I know that you also have a busy life so it may be hard to fathom that I might be this occupied. I will call you on Sunday if that is okay with you.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. My last answer stands good (according to me obviously)

2. However, inspite of the age difference and his initial thought about letting you go; I think he is still willing to give it a shot earnestly

3. His concern is more about growing too old and you having to waste time caring for him in some way or the other while you still have a life left to live (you don't mind it is a different situation altogether, but one must appreciate his thoughts and gestures towards you too)

4. His calling you on Suday may mean 2 things

4.1. He obviously has 2nd thoughts about what he's said earlier like 'wanting to refrain from a relationship owing to age factor' cause he obviously really likes you and is also impressed with you.

4.2. He doesn't want you to be hurt in any way cause he still likes and wants you quite a bit so he's slowing it down by keeping the meetings and interactions to a minimal thus helping you ease out by yourself without hurting you in any way (he's also enamored by you being interested in him - the last 'if that is okay with you' says it)

• Thank you for your insightful feedback. On the last point (4.2), I think it would be better if he just told me if he did not want to date me... slowly pulling away is a lot worse than cutting ties abruptly. Knowing the truth might be hurtful, but it sets you free and you can move on.

• What do you think he means when he says that I am not so easy to forget or dismiss from his mind. Does that mean that he wants to forget me? That comment seemed negative to me. What do you think? Thank you for your thoughful and well written comments.

• 1. As of 4.2., that's the way he thinks he is doing best (maybe) but he didn't / doesn't count on your perceiving it the way you are :)

2. He is fighting himself cause he really likes you but the age diff and the way he sees future is bothering him.

I think there's a lot of misconception and misunderstanding here in the way both of you think. I think you should open talk including stating how you view & understand things without mincing words and sort things out.