Close to being underweight.

What are some good ways to gain weight? In the past, I restricted my intake of food and ate small portions. Don't tell me to eat a whole ton of food in one meal. I have grown into eating small portions and I find it difficult to just have a normal and healthy eating habit. I'm close to being underweight. My bmi is 19.4. If it is 18.5 or lower, I would be considered underweight.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always skinny up until around the time I finished school and got a steady job.

I don't eat much more now then when I was skinny. I find spacing out your meals and especially the routine of eating regularly and often helped me to gain weight. I used to eat 2 meals on average, sometimes 3. Now I eat 6+ times a day. Mind you, 2-3x less each meal.

It took maybe 3months before I started noticing some gain, Only 5lbs (not water weight 5lbs). I figure that's around the time my metabolism started changing to my new regular eating patters Over a couple years I've balanced myself out around 20lbs heavier.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think that you should go on to cronometer (google it) or download the app called "lose it" and count your calories. I know that calorie counting is usually used by people trying to lose weight but it helps to successfully gain and maintain weight also. Try to eat more complex carbohydrates and mono and polysaturated fats as well along with more meat.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know that meat has a lot of protein, but I'm a vegetarian. Thanks though.

• Oh, I totally understand. Are you against eating eggs? If not, I recommend eating those. If you don't eat eggs then increase your intake of beans and lintels as well as nuts. Try to get a handful in a day. Go for brazil nuts and macadamia nuts and drink things like soy milk and almond milk too. Do you eat fish? That's also a good option.

• Ooh, Thanks :)

• Eat a lot of pasta and eat gelato for dessert! Work out at least minimally, OK, so the extra pounds aren't all fat!

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat more calories dense foods, and whenever possible it's obviously ideal that your foods be nutrient-rich too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its simple and there are no tricks. just eat more than your daily nutritional requirement.

you don't need to eat 1-3 big meals just eat more often. 6 or more meals a day should be fine.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes