Close to being underweight.

What are some good ways to gain weight? In the past, I restricted my intake of food and ate small portions. Don't tell me to eat a whole ton of food in one meal. I have grown into eating small portions and I find it difficult to just have a normal and healthy eating habit. I'm close to being underweight. My bmi is 19.4. If it is 18.5 or lower, I would be considered underweight.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I was always skinny up until around the time I finished school and got a steady job.

I don't eat much more now then when I was skinny. I find spacing out your meals and especially the routine of eating regularly and often helped me to gain weight. I used to eat 2 meals on average, sometimes 3. Now I eat 6+ times a day. Mind you, 2-3x less each meal.

It took maybe 3months before I started noticing some gain, Only 5lbs (not water weight 5lbs). I figure that's around the time my metabolism started changing to my new regular eating patters Over a couple years I've balanced myself out around 20lbs heavier.