Is there a difference between "Are you ok?" and "What's wrong?"

I had a bad day at school and mentioned it to the guy I like.

"Had a rough morning...crying's better than shaking right? lol"

"What's wrong?"

I told him about my day and then wondered if I was being whiney lol

"Lol no let it out...vent away!" he says

so I did.

Would there have been a difference in what he was trying to come across as if he would have asked: "Are you ok?" instead of "What's wrong?" Like...being more focused on me more than maybe...the issue itself?

Or is "What's wrong?" focused on me too...just...friendlier...not as direct sounding?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There's no difference. One takes longer to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok you're overanalysing this way too much. Sounds like you had a bad day.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep...I got yelled at because I left lights on in a surgery room and "they are expensive" Sorry Teacher, I was a LITTLE distracted by the ummteen other things that I had to do!

Sorry thanks for the answer. I had a rough day I wish I knew if the guy liked me. I mean we've only texted for a couple months...that doesn't help things. I tried meeting up with him a couple times but the first time, he apologized three times because he was helping his sister & the 2nd because of his little bros ballgame. Give up?

• There's no right answer for giving up or not you know that. I think you need to distract yourself. The only way to temporarily forget about your teacher, your ambivalent guy is to think about something else completely and distract yourself.

• alright...I'll try really hard! Thanks! :)

Recommended myTakes