Is there a difference between "Are you ok?" and "What's wrong?"

I had a bad day at school and mentioned it to the guy I like.

"Had a rough morning...crying's better than shaking right? lol"

"What's wrong?"

I told him about my day and then wondered if I was being whiney lol

"Lol no let it out...vent away!" he says

so I did.

Would there have been a difference in what he was trying to come across as if he would have asked: "Are you ok?" instead of "What's wrong?" Like...being more focused on me more than maybe...the issue itself?

Or is "What's wrong?" focused on me too...just...friendlier...not as direct sounding?

11