What do you feel if a girl buys you something you think is too expensive?

There's one time I was walking on the street with my date and he really likes that army knife. But he said it's too expensive for a knife and he won't buy it. I haven't really given him a birthday present yet. Should I be getting him that? Would this strike his ego somehow as I am the one buying him something he thinks is too expensive?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• It kind of depends. If she had a great job and plenty of disposable income, and she could afford it with less than a month's disposable income or less, and she clearly wanted to buy it for me, I would be okay with it, and very appreciative.

If she had to really struggle and sacrifice to get it, especially if she put off important things to afford it, then I would be uncomfortable accepting it. I would make my appreciation VERY clear, but I would want her to return it and spend her money on the important things she needed, rather than on me.