Dying hair darker in autumn?

Why do people dye their hair darker in the fall and lighter in the summer? Is there a significance behind it? What if I were to go lighter in the winter, would that be weird?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• no no that's not weird at all, cause we tend to get more pale in the wintertime, depending on where you live ofcourse. And dyeing you hair darker will make you look even more pale and grey. I perfer going dark in the summertime when you get a tan and blond or redhead in the winter time to look more "brighten up".

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Since the sun bleaches your hair, I think having lighter hair in the summer can make people feel more summery and freer. I suppose darker hair seems more wintery just because it is the opposite, but it can also feel cozier somehow. And people tend to wear darker clothing in the wintertime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Naturally hair tends to be lighter in the summer - because of exposure to the sun. And darker in the the autumn/winter months. So people tend to dye their hair in accordance to that. But it's not a be all and end all - plenty of people decide to go lighter in the winter months too - it's just more generally people who dye their hair in autumn/winter go for darker tones.

0|1
    0|0
  • people usually dye their hair lighter in the summer because its sunny and lighter plus the sun normally bleaches peoples hair lighter and more blondie, in autumn the leaves are brown, dark red, so people usually dye their hair these colors , and no it wouldn't be weird you dying your hair lighter in the winter, the normal rule of hair dying is only go up to 3 shades either lighter or darker of your natural hair color ,otherwise may not suit you. hope this helped

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever the f*** you want girl. You feel like going lighter? You go girl, it's your own hair so nobody else's business anyway. End of story

1|0
    0|0
  • I think is corresponds with the weather. Fall and winter are colder seasons, so you dye your hair darker colors. Summer and spring are warmer, so people lighten their hair because it's not gloomy, dark and cold anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes totally weird and against the rules. Will not be tolerated. Good way to get kicked out of the organization possibly even face a law suits :D

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it wouldn't be weird. The reason they do it is because lighter colors for summer time seems to give off a fresher look! and darker colors for the winter give off a warmer look! :]

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably copying nature.

My hair goes a lot lighter with sun exposure. Which I hate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beats the f*** out of me...):

0|0
    1|0
  • No, saw a girl yesterday put blond highlights in

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes