Any advice you can give me as to be a good superviser?

not long ago I was made a supervisor, its not a big supervisor role, its only a couple of people I am supervising, I want to be a good one and I don't want to feel guilty if I give them an order to do, I mean like being harsh but I want to be a good one because I don't think they the people I'm supervising at the moment take me seriously.

any advice

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I am the lead tech for 15 guys. I mostly talk to them as friends, never trying to show my authority. Asking them & thanking them. Following up with "how did that go?" Thanks again. There are always those that you have to be more forceful with. If they balk at doing something I remind them "that's why you're here, to help us out"

Mostly remember the supervisors that you have worked for. The good ones & no so good. Remember what the good ones said & how they talked & treated you.Remember what you didn't like about the bad ones.

I'm glad you used "Supervisor" I HATE Manager. You don't manage people! You manage money, materials & supplies. People are supervised. Most know what their job is and what's expected of them. If the newer ones don't you help train them. Some people need to be reminded.

Take absenteeism.Each company already has a policy on that. If you need to tell them that you know nobody wants to be sick. Remind them of the companys policy & tell them they're getting close to disciplinary action. How would you like to be talked to?

Congratulations & good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 - Be proactive, a leader is best respected by his followers when he is in the trenches with them, getting his hands dirty along with the rest of them. You have your job to do and you can't ALWAYS be with them, but do as much as possible.

2 - Do not be passive aggressive, I'm sure you are working with adults, not little kids.

3 - Be strict, but be fair. Do not give impossible workloads, know the strengths of each of your workers, and tailor them to it. It maximizes efficiency and shows you are an observer of innate talent.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes