Why do some girls "act" like a guy isn't funny?

There's this girl I like talking to. She has a bubbly personality and will laugh at just about anything, except when I try. She'll roll her eyes and act annoyed but the I catch her breaking a big smile when she turns away or when she thinks I'm not looking and sometimes she'll try to hold a serious face when she clearly wants to crack up. Why do they do that? I asked her and she said "well, I don't find you funny, its not a secret" with this underlying playfulness. We are always giving each other a hard time but she always uses the "because its you" excuse when she treats me differently, what is going on?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that when I am attracted to a guy but don't want to be attracted to him. Like I'll try not to laugh at his jokes, show the cold shoulder or something because I'm just worried I'll fall for him/ develop a serious crush on him and for various reasons I don't want that. Could be different with that girl, but yeah that's my explanation from own experiences (:

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, that's how it is with her. She'll try to be all serious and a bit cold but she'll keep talking to me and bugging me and try to get a reaction from me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It sounds like she likes you but is trying to fight it. (Usually exhibited through reactions like the ones you describe.)

Acting that way with a guy you are trying not to like is quite common. I've seen other girls do it and I've done it in the past, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • she liiiiiiiikes you or she hates you and that is what I do when I hate a guy I hold my laugh and roll my eyes but seance you guys speak to each other she liiiikes u

0|0
    0|0
  • She's clearly flirting. I do that all the time. It's my type of humor, maybe it's hers too. Just play along, they love that!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes