What is your favorite classical music piece?

I'm really on a classical kick right now, more so than usual, probably due to the weather, I need something... Cozier :P

What piece/pieces are your favorites?

112

Most Helpful Guy

111
  • I'm a fan of most of Beethoven's work: the symphonies, the piano sonatas, the piano concertos. I like a lot of Grieg's work. If I had to retire to a desert island with two pieces, it's be Beethoven's 5th and 9th Symphonies. Bach has some great concert pieces. I go to a big downtown church where the organist plays Bach preludes and other pieces on this magnificent pipe organ. It's other worldly.

• Some of my favs:

Cello Suite No. one - Bach

Four Seasons (Summer) - Vivaldi

1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky

In the Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg

Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin

I listen to a lot of the "cliche's" as well as some that are not, so if you need your memory jogged of the common ones then say so :)

• I don't have a favorite--there's lots that I like--but one classic that I listen to often is Glen Gould's recording of The Goldberg Variations by JS Bach. He recorded it early in his career and then again very late; both recordings are superb. What are your favorites?

• Mozarts Requiem. I want that to be playing when I am on my deathbed.

• Anything of Two Steps from Hell

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=2-dFMD5D0lY

• Four seasons by Antonio Vivaldi.

Each season has its own piece.

• Canon in D

Also listen to the Hungarian Rhapsody's there are many of them Hungarian Rhpsody ii is my fav

• I love Moonlight Sonata. Yeah, it's just a piano, but it's great all the same.

• What are your top 3?

• Rachmaninoff concerto no 3.

• Pachelbel's Canon in D