Do girls truly believe they're beautiful when guys tells it to them?

Do girls truly believe they're beautiful when guys tells it to them? Especially their boyfriends

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll think HE thinks I'm beautiful, but people rarely think they're pretty just because someone told them they were. It usually has to come from inside them, a confidence.

I had a weight problem my entire life until finally losing the weight about 2-3 years ago... so my self-image is a little warped. And I know tons of people whose self-image is warped.

So if a boyfriend or man says I'm beautiful, I appreciate the compliment and recognize that THEY think I'm beautiful, but it usually doesn't affect the image I see in the mirror.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2 or 3 years before, if any guy would have told you you're beautiful, would you have believed them?

• It never happened. That's one reason I finally lost the weight.

No, I wouldn't have believed him for a second. I would've thought he was making fun of me, honestly. It's happened before.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't know about a boyfriend, but if a man I don't know approaches me and says that, I may be a little flattered but ultimately don't take it seriously. They're very easy words to say, and I think most men know that many women are so caught up in their looks (either from being too self-absorbed or too self-conscious) that saying those words will get her attention. In the end, I find it's usually an empty compliment, so I don't believe it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl. some believe anything a guy says. others self esteem is so low they believe no one. some know how to accept a compliment. others believe only their boyfriends. others are confident in their looks. however unless the girls self esteem is absolutely terrible, she will believe her boyfriend. keep in mind if her self esteem is low it's from someone treating her like sh*t. be patient and she'll hear you

0|0
    0|0
    • Is there any way to raise her self esteem?

• don't give up. don't get impatient with her either. when I dated a guy I had very serious self esteem problems and never believed him when he said I was beautiful. some girls (not me! so I'm not recommending this one) want their boyfriends to lie to them all the time about how beautiful they are. I hated when he did this because everyone has certain features about them they *know* aren't their strongest. tell her honestly how you see her through your eyes

• In terms of of myself I already believe I'm beautiful so when a guy says it its not really effective. However my best friends boyfriend tells her and she gets flustered and feels better because she does believe him when he says it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get told I'm beautiful all the time sometimes I believe it sometimes I don't it depends

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes