Do girls truly believe they're beautiful when guys tells it to them?

Do girls truly believe they're beautiful when guys tells it to them? Especially their boyfriends

50

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll think HE thinks I'm beautiful, but people rarely think they're pretty just because someone told them they were. It usually has to come from inside them, a confidence.

I had a weight problem my entire life until finally losing the weight about 2-3 years ago... so my self-image is a little warped. And I know tons of people whose self-image is warped.

So if a boyfriend or man says I'm beautiful, I appreciate the compliment and recognize that THEY think I'm beautiful, but it usually doesn't affect the image I see in the mirror.

• 2 or 3 years before, if any guy would have told you you're beautiful, would you have believed them?

• It never happened. That's one reason I finally lost the weight.

No, I wouldn't have believed him for a second. I would've thought he was making fun of me, honestly. It's happened before.