Was this a wrong a thing to do to my ex's cousin?

I went to Florida last week, and I bought a PS3 for her 9 year old cousin. I took the game from him because It's technically mine, I paid for it (I'm not giving it back to him). My ex cheated on me and I'm still heated about it, she claims I'm being spiteful but I don't think I am at all. Was I wrong? I'm 22, my ex is 21.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When you say "It's technically mine, I paid for it".. You don't go around taking gifts back from everyone you're not friends with anymore right? That was really childish and you definitely were wrong for doing that.

****************8However, she was a childish **** for cheating on you. It was just your way of getting back at her. Who says being spiteful after being cheated on is wrong? Not me! F***that stupid bitch!

2|1
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Awwwwwww what a mean thing to do to a young little boy.. You can't give a gift then take it back specially if its for a little boy he was enjoying it and probably you were the BIGGEST person in the whole world to him then you took it from him because of something SHE DID.

Thats just mean. I understand she cheated and you think she doesn't deserve anything but the gift was for him not her, you hurt him not her.. And he is not even old enough to understand what cheating means... Now he thinks you don't like him anymore or he must have done something wrong and he is devastated.. I would hate you.. That is just WRONG dude.. He is a little boy... You scarred his feelings for life...

I would definitely send him an apology a letter perhaps and explain that the fight you had with the girl had nothing to do with your friendship with him and you are very very sorry you acted like a jerk and took them game from him because he is a good boy and he deserves it and you are hoping you can still be friends and he can forgive your childish behavior...

If you don't do that then you re just as mean as she is and very immature to even get into a relationship to begin with.

2|0
    0|1
    • I'm not sending anything to him, and no offense I don't care what you think either.

• You don't care what I think but you asked the question and I answered. If she's low, you shouldn't go down to her level. Just saying.

• That's pretty petty and spiteful IMO. You took a ps3 from a little boy.you didn't hurt her, you hurt him.it would have been different if you bought her some jewelry and took it back but you shouldn't have done that to her cousin

3|2
    0|0
  • Your kinda wrong I get it that your mad at your ex and you have every right to be mad. But her little cousin did nothing to you. Put yourself in his place. How would you feel?

3|2
    0|0
    • I spent $65 on that game, It's rightfully mine and I'm not giving it back.

• You bought a game or a counsel? You can keep it if you want but it's unfair to the kid. If you wanted it you should have just kept it. Who buys that much of a thing for their girlfriend's cousin anyway?

• You were wrong. For one, you broke up with your ex, not her 9 year old cousin, so he doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Second, you bought the game for him, not yourself, so it rightfully belongs to him.

2|1
    0|0
  • It was wrong. He's just a little boy. He didn't do anything wrong.

But I realize that sometimes when you're upset, you do things without thinking about it first.

I'd assume you regret it a little bit now.

But you can't give somebody something, then take it back. That's Indian- giving.

1|0
    0|0
    • I was thinking clearly, and I'm not giving him the game back at all.

• Childish and spiteful - that is what came to mind. You had a problem with your ex and a 9 year old got caught in between ? So why the hell did you buy it for the 9 year old in the first place ? So if you and the ex get back together again are you going to give the game to the 9 year old again - "here darling, this is yours again, but mind you I will take it back again anytime I have a problem with this so and so "...

2|0
    0|0
  • That does seem pretty childish to me. The child did nothing wrong, it's their cousin's fault for what they did, not the child's. I would have let the kid keep the game. After all the kid wasn't the one who caused your ex to cheat on you.

Plus it's a kid! He can't understand what happened between you and his cousin. He's too young to understand the dynamics of a relationship. In his mind he is being punished for something HE did.

You can't just buy a child a gift and then take it back when you are mad at someone they know. That's a bit ridiculous.

It would be one thing if you got the ex something and wanted it back, but this is a child. Children are too young to understand these situations.

2|1
    0|0
  • Thats not the 9 year olds fault. Your making yourself look petty and I also think its unfair to the child because he probably doesn't understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you bought someone a gift you shouldn't take it back, it shows lack of integrity. The cousin didn't do anything to merit that

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes