What does it mean if a girl talks to you only in private?

what does it mean if a girl talks to you only in private/or with her best friend with you but when we see each other outside of class room we don't even say hi to each other?She doesn't even look at me .But when we are in class we talk about stuff ..she also complimented my watch tho..she play with her hair around me also that one time we were just me ,her and her best friend they talked for a bit about other guy in front of me x;x;

i don't know anymore :( does the girls do that? if they like someone they kinda ignore him in front of other people?but when they are alone with the guy they possibly likes they talk to him smile ,compliment him and stuff...i'm really confused tho

02