Republicans and Racism....

How can anyone argue that there isn't an undercurrent of racism among the Republican party. From Donald Trump constantly questioning the legitimacy of Obama's citizenship and now his passports and college records. Why is this okay? Why is it now that the position of president can be so blatantly disrespected? Even in the 2nd debate Romney was extremely rude, I don't care how you feel about Obama, he is STILL the president. And Sarah Palin saying "Obama's shuck and jive must end with Benghazi lies" Why is this okay or acceptable? Why do Republicans in general get away with this racism towards the president. You can make valid points critiquing the president but it's offensive when you use obvious flagrant phrases like shuck and jive, tar baby, or the infamous monkey cartoon involving the president. Or this whole Trump issue with the undercurrent of racism what other president was questioned about his birth certificate?

Not all Republicans are racist, but how do Republicans defend this behavior? I'm just curious, because many people at one point or another were going to elect Palin as the vice president, so does it concern anyone that people with such racist views stand on the Republican party platform so proudly. Wouldn't Republicans that aren't racist be ashamed by this, or is it just an accepted behavior of Republican leaders?
Does anyone else find it interesting that all of the people that claim that racism no longer exists or that no Republican is racist, or that anyone that has said these things listed above isn't racist are all Caucasian? Does anyone else see this as a conflict of interests?
Oh I guess this is just another example of how Republicans are just oh so respectful of the president. Here is a boycott in Florida. link But I'm just making this stuff up right, this doesn't REALLY happen, wake up people.

725

Most Helpful Guy

• The Republican party has come to represent the corporate elite, and these people are, predominantly, WASPS. They've always had an undercurrent of hostility to all other ethnic groups.

Now, the Republican depend heavily on bloc voting from the South..and that means appealing to people who have never really accepted that they lost the Civil War, and that slavery is over.