Am I being too sensitive or is he disrespectful?

It's my boyfriends birthday today - last night I took him to dinner & a bar and I booked us into Hilton hotel & in the morning we had breakfast etc.

Today he says to me that he's going partying with his boys and I'm not invited and I should allow him to flirt with other girls while he's out?

I feel a bit offended due to the fact I spent so much time effort and money on his birthday for him to go to a club and talk to other girls. It kinda made me feel like I shouldn't have done all of that.

Am I overreacting or is that normal. Need your opinion?...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He is being disrespectful. The fact that it's his birthday is irrelevant. You are in a committed relationship and he thinks you should allow him to flirt with other girls while he's out. That's just plain stupid and immature. Is it okay to give someone special treatment on their birthday? Absolutely, but they're not entitled to it.

If he wanted to go out with his friends, that would be fine, but he should have said something like "hey babe, thank you for planning all this. I'm going to go out with my friends for a while, but I look forward to what you had planned after". He's just being ungrateful here.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wish I had a girlfriend like you lol. I'm just playing. Yes you should be offended. You did that for him and he told you that? He don't respect you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Going out with the boys and partying, that's fine, but saying you should let him flirt with other girls... Yeah, no, he's being very disrespectful and rude. He shouldn't of said than and I know how you feel when you say your offended after putting in all that effort for him. Maybe try talking to him bout it and if your uncomfortable with him flirting with other girls, tell him that! And just cause it's his birthday, doesn't mean he should act like a d***. Your not over reacting don't worry, maybe even ask him how he would feel if it were your birthday and he planned something bug for you like you did for him and than ask him how he would feel if you said you were going out with your and he should alowe you to go and flirt with other guys and such. Just try talking to him. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not overreacting...he's being very disrespectful and unappreciative of the effort you put into his birthday.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes