Am I being too sensitive or is he disrespectful?

It's my boyfriends birthday today - last night I took him to dinner & a bar and I booked us into Hilton hotel & in the morning we had breakfast etc.

Today he says to me that he's going partying with his boys and I'm not invited and I should allow him to flirt with other girls while he's out?

I feel a bit offended due to the fact I spent so much time effort and money on his birthday for him to go to a club and talk to other girls. It kinda made me feel like I shouldn't have done all of that.

Am I overreacting or is that normal. Need your opinion?...

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He is being disrespectful. The fact that it's his birthday is irrelevant. You are in a committed relationship and he thinks you should allow him to flirt with other girls while he's out. That's just plain stupid and immature. Is it okay to give someone special treatment on their birthday? Absolutely, but they're not entitled to it.

If he wanted to go out with his friends, that would be fine, but he should have said something like "hey babe, thank you for planning all this. I'm going to go out with my friends for a while, but I look forward to what you had planned after". He's just being ungrateful here.