Why are kids rude today?

It seems to me people especially the younger generation, are so rude it literally floors me. Back then, chivalry of men and women was around and people were so polite. What has happened? I really don't understand this generation.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Children are a reflection of their parents most of the time. I knew this girl who seemed to be drunk every time I met her, then I met her mother who acted like a drunk 12years old girl. The son needed serious discipline - he's screwed for life the way his parents are going. Seriously, there are some people who shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Is chivalry dead? No, it's that idiots shout louder than everyone else. There are plenty of decent people around, they're hard to notice sometimes.

I could write an entire article on what's wrong with children and parents, but it won't change anything. It won't change these people, so let them be - as far away as possible.

0|1
    0|0
    • haha. people who want to breed should take a course on morality and behavior and raising children in the 80's and early 90's way. than take a final exam where they need an 80% or they fail.

• Nah, castration is a better answer.

• Totally agree about a parent test.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends on how young we're talking here. When I was getting ready to graduate high school, I told one of my friends that each year, it seemed like each new freshman class was getting more mature. He replied saying that maybe our having grown and matured since our freshman year may make things seem that way.

Would you mind sharing a few examples of what you've observed?

0|0
    1|0
    • Kids being suspended. Parents don't even give a sh*t. I've heard kids tell me their parents don't care.

How about the fighting over dumb sh*t in school? I hear about it frequently. Gun carrying? Kids saying explicit stuff to anyone that walks past them. This generation is f***ed up.

• you are right. kids are a**holes now, its partially due to the fact that in the 50's and 60's if you hit a kid no one would question it but if you hit a kid Today everyone will look at you like your the devil you might even be fired...

1|1
    0|0
  • because most of the time both parent's are working just to keep a float and they don't have time to teach their children manners. I think a huge part of it is it's damn near illigal to punish your child for doing something wrong without being called an abuser and having social services come in and look at things. I do understand that there are unfit parents but when you want to smack your child for saying something rude or force them to sit in the corner for doing something wrong it's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people can't spank the asses of their kids when they're doing bad things. You can't raise your voice to them, you can't do anything because people aren't minding their own damn business, and getting into others.

When I was bad, I had my ass spanked, and if I yelled, my parents yelled back at me to show me it wasn't nice. Now I'm just fine. But when I go out, I see the liberal parents whom say to let the kids express themselves, and sh*t like that, and see their kids causing problems for everyone around.

If you really want people to shape up on their attitudes, then get other to quit thinking it's child abuse, and realize that it's hard love. Abuse is when they beat their kids too hard, or beat them without any reason. But if the kid is doing something bad, they need to be taught a lesson.

Did you ever get burned as a kid? Or cut on your hand because you thought a knife was a play toy? Did you do the same thing again after you got hurt?

1|1
    0|0
    • the "let the kids express themselves" sounds like the same reason English teachers have all but given up on teaching proper English. you can't tell kids that I don't know and BRB are not words.

• Did you ever get burned as a kid? Or cut on your hand because you thought a knife was a play toy? Did you do the same thing again after you got hurt? Those are questions to digest how kids learn right?

• Yeah they aren't directed at you, but the general public. It's to show that when kids find something hurts, they don't do it again. I thought about that after I posted it, but I got busy and forgot to tell ya they weren't pointed at you.

• i don't know young teens always seem pretty rude , they were rude when I was in high school and that was a few years ago I don't think there any worse than back then

0|1
    0|0
    • high school is pretty rough. I'm glad I found half a dozen friends who for the most part were not like that.

• Parents do not teach them manners because the generation before lacked learning manners.

1|0
    0|0
  • there have always been impolite and polite people. it's just that people only know about the people that were used to represent America,America has always been like that-their stewardesses were perfect barbie representatives,not just flight attendants,the people in their commercials were perfect looking happy families with traditional roles-you can't go by those ideals. nobody shows the drunk pinching women's asses,or the desperate older woman with her breasts falling out hitting on young men,it doesn't mean they weren't there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea, very rude.

It is all because of parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure it's because they're influenced by the media. MTV, Lil' Wayne. Things like that. Music can be extremely influential on children's behavior. Overall bad parenting is usually the cause. Growing up in abusive homes too.

There are many many reasons as to why children are so rude and nasty these days. They simply don't know how to act.

It all comes down to them simply imitating behaviors from someone around them or someone they look up to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes