How long did you have braces for?

What was wrong with your teeth? how long did you wear your braces?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I got braces when I was 8 because well my teeth was a bit messed up at the front and I had a overbite which affected my jaw, I had them for probably 2-3 years then got them off and had to wear a retainer. After about another year I got braces again for the same original problem and then went on for another year or so and then finally when I was 14 and started high school here in my country I had them off once and for all. I still have to wear a retainer though 2-3 times a week when I'm sleeping but I wear it every night almost cause I'm so used to it. The doctor said I can probably stop wearing the retainer when I'm around 22/23. My teeth are perfect now though and I only wear it to make them extra perfect :)

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• my teeth were too big for my mouth I guess so they had to extract 4 teeth and I had braces for almost 2 years and then I had to have one during the nights for 6 months after that. I'm so happy I did it :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I had them in from sixth grade(ish) until about halfway through my freshman year of high school.

1|0
    0|0
  • 10 years :( My main problem was I had an underbite but I also had teeth that grew in the wrong way (think turned over 90-180 degrees from what they should be). I started when I was 8 and didn't get them off until I was 18 and that was only because I forced my orthodontist too. Granted I didn't have a full set of braces the entire time (I got those when I was 13) but I had a jaw expander several times and a half set before I turned 13. A couple of times he approached my parents about breaking my jaw and resetting it but my parents said no to that. It would've meant I didn't have to wear braces so long but I think 10 years of braces and other appliances is better than a broken jaw...

0|0
    0|0
  • I never wore braces, but I think I should have...my bottom teeth are crooked, albeit unnoticeable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an overbite and they tried to fix it by making me wear braces for 5 years! It didn't help

1|0
    0|0
    • ouch that sucks, I'm sorry!

Recommended myTakes