What Does It Mean When a Guy Does This When Hugging You?

There's this male acquaintance I have, who I saw yesterday and the day before. On the day before yesterday, he visited the store my sister and I own and we all chatted for a while. Before he left my sister hugged him goodbye, I said I wanted a hug too so he hugged me. Upon seeing him again yesterday at a convention he held out his arms to hug me. [I guess this is how we greet each other now lol] I hugged him back but each time we've hugged so far I've noticed he'll linger a bit and then end the hug by sliding his hand down my arm. It makes me feel insecure about my hugs, like I don't hug long enough.

But yesterday when he did the whole sling his hand down my arm thing in front of girlfriend I felt sort of awkward. Am I looking too far into this? Is this just how some guys hug for no reason? What should I do about next time?

Thank you.

p.s. I'm 23, he's 22

11