What Does It Mean When a Guy Does This When Hugging You?

There's this male acquaintance I have, who I saw yesterday and the day before. On the day before yesterday, he visited the store my sister and I own and we all chatted for a while. Before he left my sister hugged him goodbye, I said I wanted a hug too so he hugged me. Upon seeing him again yesterday at a convention he held out his arms to hug me. [I guess this is how we greet each other now lol] I hugged him back but each time we've hugged so far I've noticed he'll linger a bit and then end the hug by sliding his hand down my arm. It makes me feel insecure about my hugs, like I don't hug long enough.

But yesterday when he did the whole sling his hand down my arm thing in front of girlfriend I felt sort of awkward. Am I looking too far into this? Is this just how some guys hug for no reason? What should I do about next time?

Thank you.

p.s. I'm 23, he's 22

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've hugged a lot of people, and I'd say that different people have different "hug styles". Some hug with one arm, some hug with both, some hug for longer times, some hug for shorter times, etc.

If he hugged you that way in front of his girlfriend, I'd say that in all likelihood, you're reading too far into it.

1|0
    1|0
  • when I hug a girl friend I sometimes hold her hips for a few seconds before parting.

it could mean it's a sign of affection like he want's to hug longer or to become closer. or it could also be that he doesn't know where you two stand and isn't sure how long he should hug you and same issues you are having.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes