Has anyone been in therapy?!

If so, what for?

I''ll be nice and let anonymous people answer

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! I grew up with a lot of negativity and self doubt because of the family I was raised in so I needed someone to help me get though all the mental work it took to help me get through all that. If you find the right therapist, it's amazing. They challenge you, support you, and give you a new perspective on things. Therapy is for EVERYBODY! I've known people that were perfectly fine and who went and came out extrmely happy with a lot of advice for their day to day advice. Everybody can use a little therapy at some point in their lives, it's not just for the "crazies" as some folks think.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have been. It was a really short amount of time, because the girl I went to wasn't sensitive to my problems or helpful at all. She basically called me a freak, saying that she'd never "dealt" with someone like me and that I was an "odd" case. I'll leave out the details, because even I know I was a weirdo at that time. My diagnosis was adjustment disorder with moderate clinical depression.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Anger management, depression, and for alcohol abuse. I had problems in high school and college and then the military compounded all of that. I out grew most of it though. I don't honestly know if it helped, but I'm a lot better now. I do believe talking helps, but I don't know if there's a difference between talking to a doctor or someone you trust. I wish I could get paid to talk to people all day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was for depression and anxiety. Mind you, people who go to therapy and seek help aren't "crazy." People who believe there's nothing wrong with them are crazy. And making a decision to seek it out shows you are very much in touch with reality, so don't avoid it if you feel it's something beneficial for you.

It was very beneficial for me. I'm back to doing my schoolwork, back to working out, getting my life together again. The best decision I've ever made.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I've been in therapy for anxiety, jealousy and depression and letting my insecurities get the better of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I was in for Depression and an Eating Disorder. I don't feel any different from when I first walked in though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been in therapy, I have theatre instead! : ) Theatre helps let all of your emotions out!

0|0
    0|0
    • im too shy for that :P

• Theatre helps with shyness and helps you bring you out of your comfort zone. Three of my theatre classes has at least a couple shy people in them! They are actually doing pretty well and I can see improvement!

• I've been in therapy for depression/anxiety.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...for an eating disorder and depression. I still have both, but I understand why better and I have a few tools to combat them.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope never. Although I would love to go just to be nosy haha

0|0
    0|1
  • yes, father raped me...therapy never really helped though, just cost a lot of money :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Laser therapy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have. it was for depression/paranoia/etc. I don't know if it did me any benefit, other than that I did get better. It just seemed like a waste of money mostly, but there were a few moments where the therapist had very good ideas.

0|0
    0|0
  • no

have thought about it for depression & social anxiety things.

...cant/wont because it would change too many relationships with everyone...esp family who would treat me differently for the rest of my life

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes