Which is a better choice; running away or suicide?

I can't stand this anymore! School, friends, peers, people, my mother, my sister, EVERYTHING! I feel like I don't have many choices... either run away, or suicide. I know how bad both are, but I need to take action. I can't handle this. My mother hates me! And don't you dare tell me I'm over reacting! She told me today that she hates everything about me and that I'm an awful terrible person. I'm okay with either choice, but I want to know which you think is the best.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 14-17 years old, I lived alone with a mentally unstable single mother. She was rarely home, but when she was, she was prone to freak out over nothing and kick me out or berate me. My entire life she's told me I wasn't good enough, smart enough, capable enough, responsible enough, you name it. Does it leave you damaged? Yes. Do you feel like there's just no way to deal with it? Yes. Will it last forever? No.

You must enact as much positive change into your life as you are in control over. The rest of it you just have to work towards longer term goals that rectify those problems. Mom hates you? Get amazing grades, get a full ride to a great school, do amazing there, get a phenomenal job and move on. Nobody can do what you can do for yourself. You can build a life that you're proud of and enjoy or you can ruin the potential for greatness by making terrible impulsive mistakes like what you're considering now. The choice is yours.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I can tell you both options you're considering will be a mistake.