Anyone else miss the '90's?

Anyone else miss the '90's?

I am sitting here watching 90's TV shows and movies for the past three hours, and I was remembering when I was younger and how much I miss that.

Anyone else?

718

Most Helpful Guy

• I miss being in college. That was the early 90's. The internet was tiny. The web was only being invented, Netscape and Internet Explorer weren't invented yet.

Terminator 2 was, at the time, the ultimate special FX movie.

The housing bubble hadn't started yet. You could buy an apartment in Temple Bar for 100K and a bank would give you the mortgage for it.

Taking trips to London meant going by ferry and train, taking about 10 hours. Low cost airlines were all in the future. The idea of cheap flights to America were still years away.

When Windows 95 came out, towards the end of 95, that was huge. For the first time, *normal* people started paying attention to computers. Then AOL made sure every idiot could get online, and the internet became flooded with spam, as people realized they could make money from idiots by asking nicely for credit card details.

My first cell phone (or pocket phone, as they were known in Ireland) was a brick that gave me more battery life than any three of todays smartphones.

The comet Hale-Bopp convinced a bunch of new internet-prone people that the end of the world was coming. Little did they know, we'd still have the doomsayers with us in 2012. Except for the Heavens Gate crowd, who killed themselves.

Yeah - thinking about it all, I kind of do miss the 90's.