Anyone else miss the '90's?

Anyone else miss the '90's?

I am sitting here watching 90's TV shows and movies for the past three hours, and I was remembering when I was younger and how much I miss that.

Anyone else?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I miss being in college. That was the early 90's. The internet was tiny. The web was only being invented, Netscape and Internet Explorer weren't invented yet.

Terminator 2 was, at the time, the ultimate special FX movie.

The housing bubble hadn't started yet. You could buy an apartment in Temple Bar for 100K and a bank would give you the mortgage for it.

Taking trips to London meant going by ferry and train, taking about 10 hours. Low cost airlines were all in the future. The idea of cheap flights to America were still years away.

When Windows 95 came out, towards the end of 95, that was huge. For the first time, *normal* people started paying attention to computers. Then AOL made sure every idiot could get online, and the internet became flooded with spam, as people realized they could make money from idiots by asking nicely for credit card details.

My first cell phone (or pocket phone, as they were known in Ireland) was a brick that gave me more battery life than any three of todays smartphones.

The comet Hale-Bopp convinced a bunch of new internet-prone people that the end of the world was coming. Little did they know, we'd still have the doomsayers with us in 2012. Except for the Heavens Gate crowd, who killed themselves.

Yeah - thinking about it all, I kind of do miss the 90's.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes I do. I was younger then . I remember being stuck in traffic because OJ decided to go AWOL with a low speed car chase! Classic LA scene. :P

Mmm but man I am much wiser now and way more accomplished. It's a trade off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell...I miss the seventies & eighties...but yes I miss the 90s...we (the people) did not realize how great the nineties were...ugh...then the new century rolled around and the party was definitely over...hangover territory...o.O

1|0
    0|0
  • I spent a part of my day (when I should have been doing homework) singing songs from Hercules, Aladdin, and Pocahontas and wishing that Disney would make more 2D animated movies. What do you think?

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually miss the post Disco, post Hippies 1980's

New Wave music: (mostly) clean, well dressed, sophisticated and romantic.

Miami Vice and The Equaliser. Edward Woodward influenced me. Moore and Dalton didn't.

The optimism and prosperity of the Reagan presidency (like him or not, they were good days)

The Soviet Union and communist bloc in decline but we are still unified by the Cold War.

Economic and social stability.

I was hot, fit, sexy and 20's.

Starting at American University.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course... everyday.

I watch the anime and kids programs that I used to watch when I was young lol.

No matter how cruel the life was for my family.

But it was quieter, easier, the Tv shows were purer and more innocent.

I miss those days. ^-^

1|0
    0|0
  • I miss the 90's everyday. Everything was so care free back then. And the wonderful music that came out of that decade. Oh, I'm such a nostalgic person.

1|0
    0|1
    • Agreed! The music was the best part. every morning before school I had on VH1 or MTV to watch music videos. Now it's crap.

• Show All
    • Oh yeaaaa "10 Things I Hate About You", "She's All That", "Clueless", "Cruel Intentions", "The Craft", "Never Been Kissed", I can keep going. =D

• The music in 90's sucked major balls, there were bad computers and the mobile phones were big as bricks.

But at least people were going out more, today everyone's stuck at their PC and Facebook, they don't need the real world out there anymore.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah I miss watching tiny toons and ducktales after school.

1|1
    0|0
  • No not really, I'm glad we are progressing with time. I do miss Clinton though.

Your avatar is awesome haa

0|0
    0|1
  • euuuuuhhhhh NNNOOOOO !

the I pod, I pad, ps3, hybrid car ( omg) and the sexy looking babes ? nope was little in the 90's it was a great time with no aids (hiv ) I guess but damn now it's way better even though my parents disagree :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah! I was a teenager and had very little responsibility. Break out the time machine and send me back! =D

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, cause I was a child and didn't care about anything except playing football and watching cartoons

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, happier times!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • hahahah no but I miss the 80's

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I was really happy at that time...

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah those were the days

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't miss the bowl cut hair style at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I do.

CHINPOKOMON! Gotta buy 'em all!

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, I'm missing.

0|0
    0|0
  • all the time. I miss just being a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I wish I could be sent back to 1996 again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I miss the 40's and the 80's. The 90's can blow me. And oh of course I do suffer badly from bladder control problems.

0|1
    1|0
    • Ahh. Geezerdom. 40's? Basie and Ellington. The best bass line in human history is the "walking bass" in Mancini's "Fallout!"

• Great stuff :)

• Yeah because we actually had a GOOD democratic President and economic success as a country.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes